04 June 2005 Military News
- Large Al Anbar caches uncovered by Coalition MNF-I 04 Jun 2005 -- Marines, Sailors and Soldiers and Iraqi Security Forces assigned to 2nd Marine Division located approximately 50 weapons and ammunition caches in Al Anbar within the last 72 hours.
- Iraq Ops Yield Suspects, Weapons, Missing Artifacts AFPS 04 Jun 2005 -- Operations in Iraq during the past three days yielded a terrorist hideaway, terror suspects, weapons and ammunition stockpiles, and a treasure chest of Iraqi artifacts looted from the Baghdad Museum more than two years ago.
- Terrorist Killed, Three Captured in Failed Afghanistan Ambush AFPS 04 Jun 2005 -- Three insurgents were captured and one was killed today following an ambush of Afghan and coalition forces south of Qalat in Afghanistan's Zabul province.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Transcript: Secretary Rumsfeld's Remarks to the International Institute for Strategic Studies 04 Jun 2005 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld
- Defense Secretary Rumsfeld Questions China's Military Buildup VOA 04 Jun 2005 -- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld has expressed concern over China's military build-up, saying it could threaten the security balance in Asia.
- China's Strength 'Important New Reality' in Asia-Pacific Region AFPS 04 Jun 2005 -- China's emergence as a potentially stronger military power "is an important new reality of this era, one that the countries of the region would no doubt like to embrace," Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said here today.
- U.S. Describes Cases Of Koran Mishandling RFE/RL 04 Jun 2005 -- The United States military has for the first time given details of the "mishandling" of the Koran by American personnel at the U.S.-run Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba for terrorist suspects.
- Koran Inquiry Reveals Pattern of 'Respectful Handling' AFPS 04 Jun 2005 -- An inquiry into allegations of mishandling of the Koran by U.S. personnel at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, reveals "a consistent, documented policy of respectful handling" dating back almost two and a half years, the general who led the effort said June 3.
- Palestinian Elections Postponed Amid Challenge from Islamists VOA 04 Jun 2005 -- The Palestinian Authority has postponed parliamentary elections, in an attempt to ward off a challenge by Islamic militants.
- Video Footage Opens Eyes To Horrors Of Srebrenica RFE/RL 04 Jun 2005 -- A graphic video showing Serbian soldiers killing six Bosnian Muslim youths in 1995 has sent shock waves through the Balkans. The video, shown on Serbian television, brought back the horror for relatives of the Bosnian Muslims massacred at Srebrenica 10 years ago.
- OAS Diplomats Open Their 35th Annual Meeting VOA 04 Jun 2005 -- The Organization of American States opens its 35th General Assembly meeting on Sunday in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|