01 May 2005 Military News
- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers thwart attack on US base MNF-I/MNC-I 01 May 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers guarding the entrance to a military base in east Baghdad foiled a car bomb attack May 1.
- Insurgents Mount More Attacks in Iraq VOA 01 May 2005 -- The latest attacks by insurgents in Iraq have left at least 24 people dead and dozens more wounded.
- Soldiers Rescue Man Blackmailed into Suicide-Bombing Mission AFPS 01 May 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad soldiers this morning rescued a man apparently blackmailed into a suicide-bombing mission by terrorist master Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.
- U.S. Navy Rescues 89 in Gulf of Aden Navy NewsStand 01 May 2005 -- U.S. Navy ships rescued 94 people after the vessel they were in capsized in the waters of the Gulf of Aden 25 miles off the coast of Somalia at approximately 3:45 p.m. local time April 29. Five of the 94 pulled from the water were pronounced dead on scene.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Palestinian Authority Launches 'Law-and-Order' Campaign VOA 01 May 2005 -- The Palestinian Authority has launched a new "law-and-order" campaign to rein in armed militants. And the plan is winning praise from ordinary Palestinians.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|