12 March 2005 Military News
- Soldier killed in Al Anbar Province
- Soldiers Recover Multiple Weapons Caches in Afghanistan AFPS 12 Mar 2005 -- Soldiers from Combined Joint Task Force 76 recovered several weapons caches in Afghanistan over two days during the past week. Some of the caches were turned in by local Afghans.
- Afghan Army Receives First Shipment of Light Tactical Vehicles AFPS 12 Mar 2005 -- The first shipment of Ford Ranger light tactical vehicles for the Afghan National Army recently arrived at the supply depot in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Detainee Transfer Announced 12 Mar 2005 -- The Department of Defense announced today that it transferred three detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to Afghanistan, Maldives and Pakistan for release. This transfer increases the number of detainees who have departed GTMO to 214.
- UN Envoy: Syria Promises Total Pullout from Lebanon VOA News 12 Mar 2005 -- A senior U.N. diplomat says Syria has promised a total withdrawal of military and intelligence personnel from Lebanon as demanded by the U.N. Security Council.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|