13 March 2004 Military News
- CPA Announces Measures to Tighten Border Security in Iraq AFPS 13 Mar 2004 -- The Coalition Provisional Authority announced a new policy today to tighten border security in Iraq, an effort officials say will help stem the flow of terrorists and foreign fighters entering the country.
- 4ID AND TF IRONHORSE CAPTURE SUSPECTS, WEAPONS CENTCOM Release 13 Mar 2004-- 4th Infantry Division and Task Force Ironhorse conducted 143 patrols and eight raids and captured 11 individuals Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Coalition in Afghanistan Wraps Up Mountain Blizzard AFPS 13 Mar 2004 -- Operation Mountain Blizzard has successfully ended in Afghanistan, and Operation Mountain Storm has begun, coalition officials in the Afghan capital of Kabul announced in a news release today.
- COMBINED FORCES COMMAND AFGHANISTAN RELEASE CENTCOM Release 13 Mar 2004-- Operation Mountain Blizzard has successfully ended here and Operation Mountain Storm has begun.
- AFGHANISTAN/OFFENSIVE VOA 13 Mar 2004 -- The U-S military in Afghanistan says it has begun a new operation in the eastern half of the country to flush out militants, including members of the al-Qaida terror network.
- Situation Report for Media: Multinational Interim Force-Haiti SOUTHCOM Release 13 Mar 2004 [PDF]--Following are significant events and activities of the Multinational Interim Force (MIF) and Combined Joint Task Force (CJTF) -Haiti and associated agencies during the last 24 hours
Defense Policy / Programs
- 22d MEU (SOC) wraps up Albanian PHIBLEX Marine Corps News 13 Mar 2004-- Five days of near-steady rain, blasting winds, and temperatures hovering near the freezing mark did nothing to detract the 22d Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) from successfully completing an amphibious landing exercise (PHIBLEX) in the east European nation of Albania.
- Joint Military Exercises of U.S. Troops and S. Korean Army Announced KCNA 13 Mar 2004 -- It was announced that the U.S. troops and the south Korean army would launch reception, staging, onward movement and integration and Foal Eagle joint military exercises from March 22 to 28, according to the south Korean KBS.
- ILS Launches Loral-Built MBSAT Satellite; Atlas Rocket Marks 70th Straight Success Lockheed Martin 13 Mar 2004 -- An International Launch Services (ILS) Atlas III rocket blasted off early this morning, successfully orbiting the MBSAT satellite for Space Systems/Loral (SS/L). This was the 70th consecutive successful flight of an Atlas vehicle, and the second launch of the year conducted by ILS, a Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) joint venture.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|