29 December 2002 Military News
- CJTF-HOA expands its capabilities Marine Corps News 29 Dec 2002-- Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa expanded its war-fighting capabilities Dec. 27 when a U.S. Air Force MH-53 Pave Low air crew used the ship's flight deck for landing qualifications.
- ISRAEL/PALESTINIANS VOA 29 Dec 2002-- Palestinian medical workers and witnesses say Israeli soldiers killed a Palestinian youth and wounded another in the West Bank town of Tulkarem
- NEPAL/STRIKE VOA 29 Dec 2002-- In Nepal, security has been increased, as a two-day strike called by supporters of Maoist rebels gets underway
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA VOA 29 Dec 2002-- In Chechnya, workers carted off wreckage Sunday from a building that was destroyed by suicide bombers, in an attack Russian officials are blaming on international terrorists
Defense Policy / Programs
- "War Dawgs" bite into training 2/7 returns from training in Korea Marine Corps News 29 Dec 2002-- The "War Dawgs" of 2nd Battalion 7th Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, returned to Okinawa this week from Korean Intergraded Training Program 1-03, a month-long training exercise that allowed U.S. and Republic of Korea Marines to conduct bilateral training.
- VENEZUELA / STRIKE VOA 29 Dec 2002-- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez reiterated Sunday he would not resign, despite a four-week-old general strike aimed at unseating him. Hundreds of thousands of opposition demonstrators marched through the streets of Caracas demanding immediate elections.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|