13 October 2002 Military News
- PHILIPPINES/SECURITY VOA 13 Oct 2002-- Philippine authorities have stepped up security at government installations at home and abroad, after a series of bomb attacks in neighboring Indonesia - one of which appears to have targeted a Philippine diplomatic mission there
- IVORY COAST/FIGHTING VOA 13 Oct 2002-- Rebels in Ivory Coast have captured the key western town of Daloa as West African efforts to mediate a peace settlement between the rebels and the Ivorian government are renewed
- CONGO FIGHTING VOA 13 Oct 2002-- Rebels controlling the eastern portion of the Democratic Republic of Congo have lost a key town to a rival militia
- ISRAEL/PALESTINIANS VOA 13 Oct 2002-- Palestinians say Israeli forces killed four people, including a four-year-old boy, during separate raids Sunday in the Gaza Strip
Defense Policy / Programs
- BUSH/BALI VOA 13 Oct 2002-- President Bush is condemning the car bombing that claimed more than 180 lives on the Indonesian island of Bali.
- BALI BLAST REACT VOA 13 Oct 2002-- Governments around the world are condemning the car bombing that killed more than 180-people in Bali and are expressing sympathy for the victims of the attack.
- AUSTRALIA / BALI VOA 13 Oct 2002-- Australian Prime Minister John Howard has warned the country to expect many of the 182 victims killed in the Bali bombing[Eds: please watch CN wire for updated death toll] to be Australian
- NUNAN/BALI CLUB BOMBING VOA 13 Oct 2002-- A massive car-bomb explosion on Indonesia's resort island of Bali has killed at least 182 people and injured hundreds more
- ALAN DUPONT/ BALI BLAST VOA 13 Oct 2002-- Authorities in Indonesia and regional governments have condemned the Bali bombing as an act of terrorism -- although it is not yet clear what group may be responsible. Suspicion is falling on several regional militant groups that have suspected ties to the al-Qaida terrorist network
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|