31 May 2002 Military News
- DAILY PRESS BRIEFING BY THE OFFICE OF THE SPOKESMAN FOR THE SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 31 May 2002
- ISRAEL / PALESTINIANS VOA 31 May 2002-- Israeli troops have raided the Palestinian-controlled city of Nablus in the West Bank, arresting at least two militants
Defense Policy / Programs
- ATK Completes Acquisition of Boeing Ordnance Business ATK 31 May 2002 -- The Bushmaster gun family, comprising the 25mm M242 Bushmaster cannon, the 30mm Bushmaster II automatic cannon, and the 35mm/50mm Bushmaster III cannon. The 25mm M242 gun is the primary armament on the U.S. Army's M2 and M3 Bradley Fighting Vehicles, the U.S. Marine Corps LAV-25 light armored vehicle, Mk 38 deck mounts on U.S. Navy patrol boats, and a growing number of vehicles for international defense forces.
- BAE SYSTEMS to transfer technical responsibility for UK-based bulldog aircraft to DHSL BAE Systems 31 May 2002 -- BAE Systems and De Havilland Support Ltd (DHSL) have signed a Heads of Agreement to transfer technical responsibility for the UK-based Scottish Aviation Bulldog aircraft, from BAE Systems Regional Aircraft at Prestwick to DHSL based at Duxford in Cambridgeshire.
- Boeing, ATK Complete Sale of Ordnance Business Boeing 31 May 2002 -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) has completed the sale of its ordnance business in Mesa to Alliant Techsystems, or ATK, of Edina, Minn. Boeing was advised by Quarterdeck Investment Partners, LLC, during the transaction.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|