14 April 2002 Military News
- POWELL-MIDEAST VOA 14 Apr. 2002-- Secretary of State Colin Powell met Palestinian-leader Yasser Arafat and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in his quest for a Middle East cease-fire
- U-S/MIDEAST VOA 14 Apr. 2002-- Top Bush administration officials say Yasser Arafat must follow up his condemnation of terrorism with action
- U.S. Calls for Responsible Action by All Parties in Middle East Washington File 14 Apr. 2002-- Rice discusses Powell/Arafat meeting, Venezuela situation on NBC's "Meet the Press"
- State Department Comment Following April 14 Powell-Sharon Meeting Washington File 14 Apr. 2002-- BOUCHER: Secretary of State Powell had a very good and thorough discussion with Prime Minister Sharon this evening. He discussed with Prime Minister Sharon some ideas on how to achieve what Israelis and Palestinians want: an end to the violence and moving forward on the political issues. He stressed our serious concerns about the humanitarian situation, particularly in Jenin. We note that Israel continues to withdraw. The Secretary pressed for its completion.
Defense Policy / Programs
- SPAIN/AL-QAIDA VOA 14 Apr. 2002-- Spanish authorities have arrested an Algerian man suspected of being an important financier in Spain for the al-Qaida terrorist network of Osama bin Laden.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|