31 March 2002 Military News
- ISRAEL / SHARON VOA 31 Mar. 2002-- Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on Sunday accused Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat of dictating terror attacks against Israel. He made the comments in a brief live television broadcast to the Israeli people
- BUSH/MIDEAST VOA 31 Mar. 2002-- President Bush has condemned the bloody Easter Sunday terrorist bombings in the northern Israeli city of Haifa and in the West Bank
- EGYPT/ARAB REAX VOA 31 Mar. 2002-- Thousands of people demonstrated in Egypt and other Arab countries in support of the Palestinians Sunday. In Jordan, the foreign minister summoned the Israeli ambassador to protest Israel's military operations in the West Bank
- ISRAEL/BOMBING VOA 31 Mar. 2002-- Israelis in northern Israel and in the West Bank have been hit by two successive Palestinian suicide bombings. The second of the two occurred in a Jewish settlement in the West Bank, wounding at least four people. The first took place in the port city of Haifa killing at least 15 people and wounding 40 more.
Defense Policy / Programs
- ISLAMIC CONFERENCE/TERRORISM VOA 31 Mar. 2002-- Foreign ministers of the Muslim world are gathering in Malaysia to forge a common stance against international terrorism. However, delegates of the Islamic Conference are also expected to deliver a stinging attack on Israel
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|