September 16, 2001 Military News
- Transcript: Bush Says Foreign Leaders Want to Cooperate Against Terrorists 16 September 2001 -- President Bush, speaking to reporters September 16 upon his arrival at the White House from Camp David, Maryland, said he had talked with Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf "and there is no question that he wants to cooperate with the United States. "
- Cheney: Terrorists, Those Who Harbor Them, Face "Full Wrath" of U.S. 16 September 2001 -- Vice President Dick Cheney says that the September 11 attacks in New York and Washington ushered in a new U.S. policy: not only terrorist groups but nations that harbor them "face the full wrath" of the United States.
- "Transcript: Powell Says U.S. Will Demand Cooperation from Taliban Against bin Laden"09-17-01 - Secretary of State Colin Powell says that Usama bin Laden's al-Qaida terrorist organization is the "prime suspect" in the September 11 attacks on the United States, and that in the days ahead the United States will insist that the Taliban leadership in Afghanistan comply with United Nations and other directives to expel and help to destroy the group.
- "Transcript: Bush Says Foreign Leaders Want to Cooperate Against Terrorists"09-16-01 - President Bush, speaking to reporters September 16 upon his arrival at the White House from Camp David, Maryland, said he had talked with Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf "and there is no question that he wants to cooperate with the United States. "
- "Cheney: Terrorists, Those Who Harbor Them, Face "Full Wrath" of U.S."09-16-01 - USIA - Summary of Cheney's inerview on Meet the Press
- "Transcript: Powell Welcomes Support of Pakistan in Anti-Terrorist Effort"09-16-01 - USIA - Summary of Powell's Interview on Face the Nation
- "Transcript: Rumsfeld Says Anti-Terrorist Campaign Will Take Years"09-16-01 - The campaign against terrorism prompted by the September 11 attacks against the World Trade Center and the Pentagon will last for years, says Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.
- "CHENEY-TERRORISM TIMELINE "09-16-01 Voice of America - Vice-President Dick Cheney has provided a chilling account of the decision making process within the Bush administration on the day terrorists struck the World Trade Center and the Pentagon
- "ASHCROFT/TERROR INVESTIGATION "09-16-01 Voice of America - U-S Attorney General John Ashcroft is asking Congress for new authority to allow federal agents to better go after suspected terrorists.
- "PAK/BIN LADEN/ U-S ATTACKS (L ) "09-16-01 Voice of America - Pakistan is sending an official delegation to Afghanistan for talks with the ruling Taleban movement, which is sheltering Islamic militant Osama bin Laden. Ayaz Gul reports from Islamabad, the delegation may ask
- "BUSH / TERRORISM "09-16-01 Voice of America - President Bush has urged Americans to go about their daily lives as his administration prepares for an all-out war on terrorism
Defense Policy / Programs
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|