September 15, 2001 Military News
- "Transcript: Bush Says U.S. Will Do "Whatever It Takes" to Defeat Terrorists "09-15-01 - Opening a meeting of top national security advisors at the presidential retreat at Camp David, Maryland, President Bush said September 15 that his administration will dedicate itself to winning the war against the terrorists who have declared war on America.
- BUSH/TERRORISM09-15-01 Voice of America - The president says he is meeting with his national security team to plan a "comprehensive assault" on terrorism
- "FBI/EVIDENCE SEARCH"09-15-01 Voice of America - Four thousand agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or F-B-I, are now gathering evidence on Tuesday's terrorist attacks.
- "TERRORISTS/INVESTIGATION "09-15-01 Voice of America - Authorities have arrested one person and detained at least two others in connection with the investigation into Tuesday's terrorist attacks in New York and Washington.
- "PAKISTAN/U-S ATTACKS "09-15-01 Voice of America - Pakistan has pledged full support to any international reply to the terrorist attacks in the United States.
- "PAK / TALEBAN / ATTACK (L)"09-15-01 Voice of America - The ruling Afghan Taleban movement is threatening war with any country that gives assistance to possible U-S attacks on Afghanistan.
- "RUSSIA / ATTACK RESPONSE "09-15-01 Voice of America - Russian officials say that all necessary means -- including possible military action -- must be considered in the fight against terrorism.
- "PENTAGON/RENOVATION "09-15-01 Voice of America - Pentagon officials say a multi-million-dollar bomb-proofing renovation program at the famous five-sided building minimized the damage and the casualty toll from this week's terrorist attack.
- "TERROR WRAP SATURDAY "09-15-01 Voice of America - President Bush is putting the nation on a war footing as his administration moves ahead with building an international coalition to strike against those responsible for Tuesday's terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
Defense Policy / Programs
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|