September 04, 2001 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Hawk-A year of success in Canada BAE Systems 04 Sep 2001 -- The BAE Systems Hawk Mk115 has been an unqualified success during its first twelve months of operation with the Canadian NFTC (NATO Flying Training in Canada) programme.
- General Dynamics Awarded $50.8 Million Contract for Vehicle Systems Technical Support General Dynamics 04 Sep 2001 -- The United States Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command yesterday awarded General Dynamics Land Systems a sole source contract to provide systems technical support for the Abrams tank and Wolverine heavy assault bridge programs, from August 2001 through July 2006.
- General Dynamics Extends Tender Offer for All Outstanding Shares of Newport News Shipbuilding General Dynamics 04 Sep 2001 -- General Dynamics (NYSE: GD) today extended its pending tender offer for all outstanding shares of common stock (including associated rights) of Newport News Shipbuilding Inc. (NYSE: NNS) to midnight, EDT, on September 14, 2001. The offer was previously scheduled to expire at midnight, EDT, on August 31, 2001.
- ATK Rocket Motor Supports Successful Flight Test of Missile Defense Prototype Interceptor ATK 04 Sep 2001 -- ATK (Alliant Techsystems) (NYSE: ATK) said a solid rocket motor developed by its Aerospace Group provided the first-stage propulsion during the first successful flight test of a booster vehicle that is a prototype interceptor missile for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense Segment (GMDS) Program (formerly National Missile Defense).
- DAILY PRESS BRIEFING BY THE OFFICE OF THE SPOKESMAN FOR THE SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 04 Sep 2001
- Boeing to Build New Satellite for PanAmSat, JSAT Joint Venture Boeing 04 Sep 2001 -- PanAmSat Corporation and Japan's JSAT Corporation have selected Boeing Satellite Systems (BSS) to build a new spacecraft in support of the two companies' recent joint venture, Horizons, as well as PanAmSat's domestic U.S. cable program distribution offerings. BSS, the world's largest satellite manufacturer, is a unit of The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA).
- Transcript: Lugar Supports Bulgaria NATO Membership 09-04-01 Lugar speech in Sofia
- Text: Bush Seeks to Redeploy U.S. Military in East Timor 09-04-01 Voice of America The United States will maintain a "rotational presence" through December 2001 in East Timor, according to an August 31 letter from President Bush to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|