13 October 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Structural Tests Validate Boeing JSF X-32A Design Boeing 13 Oct 1999 -- Boeing has successfully completed structural proof testing of its Joint Strike Fighter X-32A concept demonstrator. The tests validated the aircraft's ability to withstand the rigors of flight testing, which begins next year.
- 13 October 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING BY OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 13 Oct 1999
- EAST TIMOR HOMELESS Voice of America 13 October 1999 -- Although it has been more than a month since the days of terror, nearly one-half of East Timor's population remains unaccounted for and is believed to be still hiding in fear.
- GEORGIA / U-N KIDNAPPING Voice of America 13 October 1999 -- Gunmen have seized a team of U-N military observers in the former Soviet Republic of Georgia. The observers were seized near the line separating Georgian government forces and the breakaway region of Abkhazia.
- BURUNDI / U-N Voice of America 13 October 1999 -- The United Nations has suspended all activities in Burundi following the murder of two U-N officials by Hutu rebels.
- U-N / ANGOLA Voice of America 13 October 1999 -- The U-N World Food Program says it is now providing food aid to more than one-million people in Angola -- an increase of 300-thousand in the past month.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|