06 August 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Boeing Delivers Real Time Video for Commando Solo Boeing 06 Aug 1999 -- When the Air Force Materiel Command at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, asked if Boeing could provide a real-time video feed from the United States to an aircraft in flight over Europe with only two weeks' notice, the answer was "no problem."
- 6 August 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 06 Aug 1999
- AFGHAN / FIGHTING Voice of America 06 August 1999 -- Taleban forces in Afghanistan are moving reinforcements to the battlefront, north of Kabul -- a day after opposition fighters regained territory they lost last week, during massive Taleban offensive. Military activity in the capital seems to indicate that another Taleban offensive is likely soon.
- U-N - AFGHANISTAN Voice of America 06 August 1999 -- United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan is expressing concern (Friday) about reports that thousands of foreign combatants are taking part in fighting in Afghanistan.
- EAST TIMOR - SECURITY Voice of America 06 August 1999 -- The United Nations in Indonesia's disputed territory of East Timor Friday reported two attacks on its staff.
- U-N - CONGO PEACEKEEPING Voice of America 06 August 1999 -- The United Nations Security Council has authorized the deployment of a special military team to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, formerly Zaire. The team will pave the way for a possible U-N peacekeeping force in the country.
- NAMIBIA SECESSIONISTS Voice of America 06 August 1999 -- The Namibian Government has imposed a state of emergency in the eastern part of the Caprivi Strip. That government action comes after at least fifteen people were killed in an attack by members of the Caprivi Liberation Front.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|