02 August 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Alliant Techsystems Selected to Produce Small-Caliber Ammunition and Operate Lake City Army Ammunition Plant ATK 02 Aug 1999 -- Alliant Techsystems (NYSE: ATK) said it has been awarded a firm fixed-price contract from the U.S. Army Industrial Operations Command (IOC), Rock Island, Ill., to supply the Army's requirements for small-caliber ammunition over the next 10 years. The contract is expected to generate total sales of approximately $1 billion, with annual revenues averaging approximately $100 million during the period.
- 2 August 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 02 Aug 1999
- NAMIBIA FIGHTING Voice of America 02 August 1999 -- In Namibia's "Caprivi Strip," suspected supporters of a secessionist movement attacked a military base and temporarily occupied the offices of the state-owned Namibian Broadcasting Corporation.
- CONGO/REBELS Voice of America 02 August 1999 -- Rebel leader Jean-Pierre Bemba says he hopes his signature will put pressure on Congo's other main rebel group to resolve its internal differences and sign the accord as well.
- AFGHAN FIGHTING Voice of America 02 August 1999 -- There has been no let up in fighting in Afghanistan, where Taleban forces reportedly have made significant gains in their military campaign to dislodge the last remaining opposition forces.
- PRESS BRIEFING BY UNDP ON CIS COUNTRIES REPORT United Nations 02 Aug 1999
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|