19 July 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Boeing to Test Advanced Electronic Warfare Suite on Apache Boeing 19 Jul 1999 -- Advanced electronic warfare countermeasures for U.S. Army rotorcraft will get their first in-flight shakedowns this summer aboard the next-generation Boeing-built AH-64D Apache Longbow multi-role combat helicopter.
- Israel Chooses Advanced Lockheed Martin F-16 For Its New Fighter Purchase Lockheed Martin 19 Jul 1999 -- The government of Israel has officially confirmed to Lockheed Martin that it will purchase 50 F-16 aircraft after a long and intense evaluation in competition with the Boeing F-15I. The total program including the aircraft, mission equipment and a support package is worth about $2.5 billion to various suppliers. The value to Lockheed Martin is about $1.8 billion.
- 19 July 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 19 Jul 1999
- PRESS BRIEFING ON SITUATION IN GEORGIA United Nations 19 Jul 1999
- US Department of State Daily Press Briefing 19 July 1999 -- COLOMBIA Suspension of talks between the Government of Colombia and the FARC. FARC continues to launch unprovoked attacks against innocent civilians. US calls on the FARC leaders to make god on its oft stated commitment to peace by engaging in peace negotiations. US holds FARC responsible for killing and kidnapping of US citizens. US may provide assistance to Colombian military in expanding its counter-narcotics role.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|