18 June 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- U.S. Army Awards General Dynamics HYDRA-70 2.75-Inch Rocket Contract General Dynamics 18 Jun 1999 -- General Dynamics Ordnance Systems, a subsidiary of General Dynamics Armament Systems, has been awarded a firm-fixed-price, indefinite delivery-requirements contract with an estimated maximum potential value of approximately $1.268 billion, for HYDRA-70 2.75-inch rockets, warheads, motors and incidental engineering services. Work will be performed at various locations inside the continental United States, and is expected to be completed by June 30, 2006.
- 18 June 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 18 Jun 1999
- EAST TIMOR / VIOLENCE Voice of America 18 June 1999 -- THE UNITED NATIONS MISSION IN EAST TIMOR SAYS IT HAS WITNESSED INDONESIAN SOLDIERS WORKING WITH A PRO-JAKARTA MILITIA GROUP USING VIOLENCE TO INTIMIDATE THOSE WHO SUPPORT INDEPENDENCE FOR THE TERRITORY. >
- PRESS CONFERENCE ON INDEPENDENT INQUIRY INTO UN ACTIONS IN RWANDA United Nations 18 Jun 1999
- U-N / RWANDA INQUIRY Voice of America 18 June 1999 -- AN INDEPENDENT INQUIRY INTO THE UNITED NATIONS' RESPONSE TO THE 1994 GENOCIDE IN RWANDA FORMALLY BEGAN TODAY (FRIDAY) IN NEW YORK.
- TURKEY / MILITARY COURT Voice of America 18 June 1999 -- THE TURKISH PARLIAMENT VOTED OVERWHELMINGLY ON FRIDAY TO REMOVE MILITARY JUDGES FROM THE SPECIAL STATE SECURITY COURTS WHICH HANDLE "TERROR AND SECURITY" CRIMES.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|