29 April 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- FRANCE BACKS U.S.-AFRICAN PEACEKEEPING PARTNERSHIP TRAINING USIA 29 April 1999-- A peacekeeping partnership for Africa, called the African Crisis Response Initiative (ACRI), has the full backing of the French government, says Colonel Marc Wood, military attache at the French Embassy here.
- Boeing Joint Strike Fighter Virtual Reality Lab Goes On Line Boeing 29 Apr 1999 -- Boeing has opened a new virtual reality lab that allows designers and maintainers to evaluate and test the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) supportability in a virtual environment using the same three-dimensional modeling data used to design the aircraft.
- Taiwan Signs Letter Of Agreement For Three Boeing CH-47SD Chinooks Boeing 29 Apr 1999 -- The Republic of China is the latest customer to order the new CH-47SD Chinook heavy-lift helicopter, and three "Super D" Chinooks will arrive in Taiwan in 2002.
- 29 April 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 29 Apr 1999
- GUSMAO-EAST TIMOR Voice of America 29 April 1999-- THE JAILED LEADER OF THE EAST TIMOR'S INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENT SAYS HE IS WILLING TO DISCUSS DISARMAMENT OF HIS FOLLOWERS, BUT ONLY UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS. XANANA GUSMAO SAID HE WILL ONLY SURRENDER WEAPONS TO UNITED NATIONS MONITORS.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|