09 February 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- 9 February 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 09 Feb 1999
- PRESS BRIEFING ON EAST TIMOR - 9 February 1999 -- At the conclusion of two days of intensive talks on East Timor, the Secretary-General's Personal Representative, Jamsheed Marker, the Foreign Minister of Portugal, Jaime Gama, and the Foreign Minister of Indonesia, Ali Alatas, briefed the press Monday evening at Headquarters.
- PRESS BRIEFING ON INTERNATIONAL POLICE TASK FORCE IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA United Nations 09 Feb 1999
- STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT February 9, 1999 I am deeply concerned by the heavy fighting along the border between Ethiopia and Eritrea. Since the dispute began in May 1998, my Administration has sought to work with these two friends of the United States to achieve a peaceful resolution.
- SAF / TERROR Voice of America 09 Feburary 1999 -- IN SOUTH AFRICA, THERE WAS A BOMB THREAT AT THE COUNTRY'S PARLIAMENT COMPLEX IN CAPE TOWN TUESDAY AS THE JUSTICE MINISTER SPOKE OF THE NEED FOR NEW ANTI-TERRORISM LEGISLATION.
- LANKA / CLASH Voice of America 09 Feburary 1999 -- AT LEAST 26 TAMIL-TIGER REBELS HAVE BEEN KILLED IN CLASHES BETWEEN SOLDIERS AND REBELS IN SRI LANKA'S NORTH AND EAST.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|