05 February 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- 5 February 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 05 Feb 1999
- PRESS BRIEFING BY PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE OF SECRETARY-GENERAL FOR EAST TIMOR United Nations 05 Feb 1999
- TEXT: U.S. CALLS FOR RESTRAINT IN ETHIOPIAN-ERITREAN CONFLICT 05 February 1999 -- Following a statement by Ethiopia that Eritrea had bombed a northern Ethiopian town -- which Eritrea denied -- the U.S. government February 5 welcomed assurances from both sides that they are committed to an air strike moratorium and called on both parties to exercise restraint.
- CHIAPAS CONFLICT Voice of America 05 Feburary 1999 -- THE GUNS MAY BE SILENT FOR THE MOMENT, BUT THE SIMMERING CONFLICT IS NOW AN IMPORTANT PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE.
- BURUNDI UNITY Voice of America 05 Feburary 1999 -- THE BIGGEST REBEL GROUP IS STILL ACTIVELY FIGHTING THE GOVERNMENT. WITHOUT THEM, THERE IS NO CHANCE FOR A CEASEFIRE.
- BURUNDI FIGHTING Voice of America 05 Feburary 1999 -- FIGHTING IN SOUTHERN BURUNDI HAS DISPLACED THOUSANDS OF CIVILIANS.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|