27 January 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Boeing Team Submits Response to Tender for Project Wedgetail Boeing 27 Jan 1999 -- A Boeing-led team, including Northrop Grumman, British Aerospace Australia and Boeing Australia Limited, today submitted its response to a Request for Tender for Australia's Project Wedgetail, an airborne early warning & control (AEW&C) system.
- Lockheed Martin Tapped to Upgrade U.S. Air Force AC-130 Spectre Gunship Low Light Television Targeting System Lockheed Martin 27 Jan 1999 -- Lockheed Martin Electronics & Missiles has received a $25.15 million U.S. Air Force modification to an existing $7.6 million contract to upgrade the Low Light Level Television (LLLTV) system for the AC-130H Spectre Gunship used by the Air Force Special Operations Command. If all options are exercised, the contract could be worth up to $33 million and extend over four years.
- 27 January 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 27 Jan 1999
- U-N / EAST TIMOR Voice of America 27 January 1999 -- INDONESIA'S ANNOUNCEMENT THAT IT MAY CONSIDER INDEPENDENCE FOR THE PROVINCE OF EAST TIMOR CAME ONE DAY BEFORE THE RESUMPTION OF U-N SPONSORED TALKS IN NEW YORK ON THE FORMER PORTUGUESE COLONY.
- PRESS BRIEFING BY UNITED NATIONS RESIDENT COORDINATOR AND HUMANITARIAN COORDINATOR IN TAJIKISTAN United Nations 27 Jan 1999
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|