22 January 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- U.S. Navy Establishes First Super Hornet Squadron Boeing 22 Jan 1999 -- - The nation's first Super Hornet squadron - VFA-122 - was established at Naval Air Station Lemoore, Calif., on Jan. 15. The newly formed squadron is a Fleet Readiness Squadron responsible for aircrew and maintenance training in the Navy's newest tactical aircraft.
- 22 January 1999 - DAILY BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 22 Jan 1999
- SIERRA LEONE SITREP Voice of America 22 January 1999 -- IN SIERRA LEONE, THOUSANDS OF CIVILIANS HAVE BEGUN FLOODING INTO THE CENTRAL PART OF THE CAPITAL.
- SIERRA LEONE CENT WRAP Voice of America 22 January 1999 -- THE PEACE KEEPERS COUNTER OFFENSIVE AGAINST THE REBELS CONTINUES AS CIVILIANS IN THE CAPITAL BEGIN TO PICK UP THE PIECES OF THEIR WAR DAMAGED CITIES AND OF THEIR LIVES.
- STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT January 22, 1999 -- The United States remains deeply concerned about the risk of armed conflict between Eritrea and Ethiopia and strongly committed to help find a peaceful resolution to their border dispute.
- COLOMBIA REBELS Voice of America 22 January 1999 -- COLOMBIA HAS INAUGURATED A NEW AIRCRAFT RADAR TO HELP COMBAT DRUG TRAFFICKING. THE ACTION COMES AMID LACK OF PROGRESS IN PEACE TALKS WITH LEFTIST REBELS.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|