1997 Military News
- The M1A2 Abrams: The Last Main Battle Tank? by Stanley C. Crist ARMOR July-August 1997
- The Future Combat System (FCS) - A Technology Evolution Review and Feasibility Assessment by Asher H. Sharoni and Lawrence D. Bacon ARMOR - July-August 1997
- The Future Combat System (FCS): PART TWO: ARMAMENT by Asher H. Sharoni and Lawrence D. Bacon ARMOR - September-October 1997
- Hiding Our Assets: Reducing Threats Through Camouflage Warrior June 1997
- The Russian T-90S: Coming into Focus ARMOR September-October 1997
- Non-Lethal Weapons for Military Operations Other Than War Cadet Joseph Suhajda AIRMAN-SCHOLAR Spring 1997, Vol III, No 2
- MCDONNELL DOUGLAS DEVELOPING NEW AIR-TO-AIR MISSILE TECHNOLOGY McDonnell Douglas July 10, 1997 -- McDonnell Douglas announced it received a contract under the U.S. Air Force's Air Superiority Missile Technology (ASMT) program.
- ADVANCED TARGETING FLIR APPROVED TO BEGIN ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING DEVELOPMENT F/A-18 Public Affairs Office 26 November 1997 -- On 19 November, the Navy approved the ATFLIR program's Milestone II to enter engineering and manufacturing development (EMD).
- HISTORICAL REFLECTIONS ON THE WAR IN CHECHNYA ANTERO LEITZINGER PERCEPTIONS JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS September-November 1997 Volume II - Number 3 -- As soon as the Soviet Union disintegrated, new Russia launched its foreign policy toward the newly independent Caucasian states based on the old traditions of pre-1917 imperial policy. Instead of developing completely new, modern strategies, Russia copied old ones, disregarding the fact that the world had changed.
- CAN RUSSIA DO IT ALONE IN THE CAUCASUS? PAVEL K. BAEV PERCEPTIONS JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS September-November 1997 Volume II - Number 3 -- Russia's failed efforts to block NATO expansion and the deadlocks of its policy in the Caucasus are parts of the same process of geopolitical retreat.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|