Yorkhof and Francois Kasernes, which house the headquarters of the 104th Area Support Group, were built around the turn of the century.
Yorkhof Kaserne was constructed between 1905 and 1911 and was first occupied by troops assigned to the German Army Post Depot. Located on Cardwellstrasse (from which the nearby U.S. housing area takes its name) the depot originally housed a bakery, several warehouses and supply activities and was equivalent to the American Quartermasters. It is now the headquarters of the 104th ASG.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|