Wolfgang Kaserne, as a result of enormous construction, is currently a modern facility housing the Hanau military comunity's shopping and entertainment district.
Wolfgang Kaserne, present site of the main exchange and commissary, was originally built in the Bulau Forest before WWI and served as one of the king's powder factories during that war. It was dismantled shortly after the end of the war. It was upgraded between 1936 and 1938 by the former "Herresamnt" for use as an ammo depot. It served as an ammunition depot during WWII and as a research and development site for ammunition and chemical warfare materials before being taken over by the Americans.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|