Kelley Barracks in Darmstadt, Germany is about 25 kilometers south of Frankfurt, Germany.
Kelley Barracks (originally called Leibgarde Kaserne or Body Guard Barracks) was named in honor of CPT Charles Kelley who was killed in World War II. In March 1945, an American constabulary unit took over and was later replaced by an engineer battalion. The US Army also took possession of Nathan Hale Depot in 1945 which was built in 1936 as a food supply depot and bakery.
Kelley Barracks is home to the 32nd Signal Battalion, 165th Military Intelligence Battalion, 527th Military Intelligence Battalion, 596th Maintenance Co. and has barracks for troops of the 66th Military Intelligence Group. Kelley Barracks also has a dining facility, chapel, club, gym, Shoppette, Community Bank and helipad.
Just outside of Kelley Barracks is Memory Field, the biggest sports field in the 233rd BSB, and Camp Arrowhead, a small wooded area used by Boy and Girl Scouts.
Less than a five-minute walk from Kelley Barracks is the Performing Arts Center. The center is located on a section the former US Army Ernst Ludwig Kaserne, of which a majority was returned to the German authorities a few years ago.
The commissary is not on Cambrai (Fitsch Kaserne); it's on Kelley Barracks. So soldiers without vehicles had it hard. After a massive renovation and clean up, costing $350,000, soldiers of the 22nd Signal Brigade got to step into the revamped Cambrai Fitsch Kaserne Dining Facility 01 March 2000.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|