In June of 1941, Hawkins Field at Jackson, MS, was designated an Army Air Base. The facility was used as a pilot training center through January 1949, at which time it reverted to civilian aviation status.
In 1953, the Mississippi Air National Guard returned to certain facilities at Hawkins Field.
Hawkins Field, is home to Det. 1, HHC, 1-185th Aviation, as well as Companies C, D and E, 1-185th Aviation, Mississippi Army National Guard. Company E(-), 1-185th Aviation, is tasked with MH/UH-60 Maintenance.
Hawkins Field Airport is managed by the Jackson Municipal Airport Authority. It has two runways measuring respectively 3,441 x 150 ft and 5,387 x 150 ft (1,049 x 46m and 1,642 x 46m) and is home to about 40 military aircraft.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|