Argonner Kaserne, named after the Argonner Forest, scene of the famous WWI battle, was constructed between 1937 and 1938 and occupied by the German Army Engineer NCO School. German Army engineers used this caserne for their non-commissioned officer school for many years. An interesting sight in this area is an elevated stone wall on which a huge tree is still growing. It was a former gallows used to execute convicted criminals and enemies of the state in the 19th century.
The caserne is now split into two parts, Old and New Argonner. Old Argonner is home to the 414th BSB command group as well as a number of MWR facilities. New Argonner houses the U.S. Dental and Medical Clinics as well as family housing. Argonner now houses Medical, Dental and Veterinary Services, a guest house, government housing, and both Hanau Middle and Hanau High Schools.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|