TRAFFICJAM is a tactical communications jammer. The original system (AN/TLQ-17A(V)1) was configured using two M151 Jeeps and two M416 Towed Trailers. When the Jeeps became obsolete, the AN/TLQ-17A(V)1 was re-configured to a (V)3 which housed the electronics in an S-250 shelter, and used a commercial utility cargo vehicle (CUCV). When the Highly Mobile Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) was approved for use by the Army, the CUCV was replaced by the HMMWV. The AN/TLQ-17A(V)2 is the configuration of TRAFFICJAM that is used on the AN/ALQ-151(V)2 (QUICKFIX).
The AN/TLQ-17A(V)4 (SANDCRAB) is the designation for the long range COMINT and Jamming System. SANDCRAB employs the AN/TLQ-17A(V)3 and an OE-317 Antenna System.
- Mar 85 PIP 1-85-07-0491 approved.
- Apr 85 AR 70-15 waived.
- Oct 88 First AN/TLQ-17A(V)3 (Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle (CUCV) Version) fielding.
- May 89 CUCV Version fielding completed.
- FY90-92 HMMWV fielding completed. System was deployed to Operation Desert Storm.
- Jun 92 Management transition from PM SW to IMMC.
- Sep 95 Full Materiel Release.
- FY95 Materiel Transfer to USAR.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|