Integration for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (IC4I)
IC4I is a contract effort being developed to support the Air Force intelligence community and all services within DoD, as well as those non-DoD civilian agencies within the intelligence community. The contract provides technical support of existing intelligence systems, upgrade of intelligence systems to the DoDIIS reference model standards to include entry of integrated functional subsystems, and permit DoDIIS implementation for the IDHS. It provides the capability for intercommunication among Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) functions and their underlying information systems to handle, process, share, and disseminate intelligence data.
The IC4I contract supports Intelligence and Command and Control agencies and organizations with the ability to incorporate technical requirements into their current systems by providing a vehicle to meet these needs with rapid integration and acquisition services. Through IC4I, agencies can rapidly acquire requirements analysis, engineering design, and integration services for off-the-shelf commercial hardware and software. Non-DoD agencies involved in Intelligence or Command and Control activities are allowed to use this contract in accordance with provisions of the Economy Act. This integration services contract managed by ESC/ICD for the DoDIIS community provides services such as requirements analysis, engineering design and integration for Commercial -Off-The-Shelf (COTS) data processing hardware and software.
- Build new systems from the ground up
- Upgrade existing systems to required standards
- Sustain existing systems where needed
- Promote interoperability among systems
IC4I has the ability to provide the customer a full turn key system, to include the following services and products to effect these goals:
- Requirements analysis.
- Security needs and security accreditation impacts.
- System engineering design using commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products (i.e., proof of concept and rapid prototyping).
- Identify level of effort and options to meet desired capability (including cost and installation plans).
- Site survey and installation services.
- Integration, modification, or upgrade of existing systems.
- Integration and test of system designs.
- Acquire, integrate, test and deliver COTS products.
- Training, maintenance, configuration management, and data deliverables.
This contract may be used for either an integration labor effort or to purchase COTS products or a combination of both.
The Integration for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence ("IC4I") contract, was awarded in November 1995 to three teams: SRA; Cordant; and a team comprised of BTG as the prime contractor and EDS and Sterling Software. The IC4I contract requires the BTG team to provide the U.S. Air Force and other members of the defense intelligence community with a full range of integrated hardware and software products and services. The IC4I program will focus primarily on the manufacture and development of interoperable systems and
subsystems to upgrade the defense intelligence system. The IC4I contract is a five-year program with a total contract capacity of $929 million.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|