Defense minister reveals new details about RQ-170 drone
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency
Tehran, July 1, IRNA -- Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said Iran has gained access to new details about the captured US drone, RQ-170.
He said due work is being done on the drone to gain fresh information and technical data.
As for the complaint Iran has lodged against Russia because of Moscow's refusal to hand over the S300 missile system to Iran, he said the international legal bodies are working on the case, adding that lengthy procedure is quite natural for such a file in an international institution.
The defense minister also referred to the issue of security in the Persian Gulf and said Iran has so far been the sole provider of security in the region and will continue to confront all those who would even dream of endangering the waterway.
Vahidi noted that Iran is particularly sensitive about the Hurmuz Strait and is closely and vigilantly monitoring the developments there.
Islamic Republic News Agency/IRNA NewsCode: 1022000
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|