July 2002 Intelligence News
- Northrop Grumman Signs Agreement with IZAR to Propose Fire Scout for Spain's F-100 Frigate Program Northrop Grumman 24 Jul 2002 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE:NOC) Integrated Systems sector announced today the signing of a technical assistance agreement with IZAR of Spain, Europe's second largest shipbuilder, to promote the U.S. Navy's Fire Scout vertical unmanned system for integration on the country's F-100 frigate.
- Lockheed Martin Plans "System of Systems" Approach For UAVS Lockheed Martin 23 Jul 2002 -- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, a business area of Lockheed Martin Corporation [NYSE:LMT], today highlighted its focus on a “system of systems" architecture development approach to determine how to best meet future aerospace power projection requirements.
- Northrop Grumman to Produce Company-Funded Global Hawk Advanced Technology Demonstrator Northrop Grumman 23 Jul 2002 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE:NOC) Integrated Systems sector announced plans today to produce a company-funded Global Hawk advanced technology demonstrator. Long-lead procurement will begin this year, and the company expects the vehicle will be completed in 2004.
- Northrop Grumman and EADS Complete Compatibility Tests of EADS ELINT Payload in Preparation for Global Hawk Flight Evaluations Northrop Grumman 23 Jul 2002 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE:NOC) Integrated Systems sector and EADS Systems and Defence Electronics announced the completion of preliminary compatibility testing of EADS' electronic intelligence (ELINT) payload with Northrop Grumman's Global Hawk at the Integrated Systems facility in San Diego, Calif.
- Successful test flight series demonstrates capabilities of “Eagle” Unmanned Aerial Vehicle EADS 22 Jul 2002 -- EADS has achieved a further success in positionning its Systems & Defence Electronics (S&DE) business unit as the leading european supplier in the field of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
- Northrop Grumman Presents WATCHKEEPER Program Solution at Farnborough International Air Show Northrop Grumman 22 Jul 2002 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE:NOC) Integrated Systems sector has announced its approach to achieving the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence (MoD) requirement for WATCHKEEPER, an unmanned system that will deliver an integrated image intelligence, targeting and exploitation capability to meet the U.K. land commander's critical information needs.
- Northrop Grumman Completes Successful Flight of Airborne Electro-Optic Sensor System Northrop Grumman 22 Jul 2002 -- (PRIMEZONE) A Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) team, including Arete Associates, Tucson, Ariz., completed the first of a series of flight tests conducted earlier this month of an airborne electro-optic sensor system on a government test range off the Atlantic coast of Florida.
- Lockheed Martin Announces Additional Team Members for the UK Watchkeeper Programme Lockheed Martin 18 Jul 2002 -- Lockheed Martin today unveiled its international partners for the forthcoming UK MOD Watchkeeper Systems Integration and Assurance Phase (SIAP). Lockheed Martin UK Integrated Systems has teamed with world-class companies renowned for their expertise in applicable systems and sub-system technologies in order to provide the MOD with a proven solution for Watchkeeper, which is affordable, upgradeable and available to the MOD at the earliest opportunity.
- National Imagery and Mapping Agency Awards Northrop Grumman Team $72 Million Commercial Joint Mapping Toolkit Contract Northrop Grumman 09 Jul 2002 -- A team led by Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) has been selected by the National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA) to develop its Commercial Joint Mapping Toolkit (C/JTMK). The contract is worth $72 million to Northrop Grumman's Information Technology (IT) sector, and will add approximately 30 jobs to the company's offices in Chantilly, Va.
- Thales details watchkeeper programme Thales 09 Jul 2002 -- Thales Defence Ltd. today announces its key details for the next stage of the UK MoD's Watchkeeper Tactical UAV Programme. Thales' solution offers a major improvement in capability over existing and other currently planned Tactical UAV systems.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|