January 1998 Intelligence News
- OKLAHOMA STATE BOMBING TRIALS VOA 08-Jan-98
- CHINESE RESTRICTIONS ON INTERNET VOA 09-Jan-98
- Micro-UAVs Possible in Near Future 07 January 1998
- THE SENTENCING OF TERRY NICHOLS:A JURY DEADLOCKED VOA 08-Jan-98
- YOUSEF SENTENCING VOA 08-Jan-98
- SUMMARY EXECUTIONS IN IRAQ VOA 08-Jan-98
- MURDERED JOURNALISTS VOA 08-Jan-98
- GERMANY / BUGGING VOA 08-Jan-98
- UNABOMBER TRIAL ON HOLD VOA 08-Jan-98
- U-S HATE CRIMES VOA 08-Jan-98
- JUSTICE FOR RAMZI YOUSEF VOA 12-Jan-98
- Joint Reserve intelligence facility enhances skills of all services Jan 12, 1998
- B-52s integrate with Joint STARS Released: Jan 12, 1998 by Airman Tiffany A. Lewis 93rd Air Control Wing Public Affairs ROBINS AIR FORCE BASE, Ga. (AFNS) - Two B-52 bombers from Minot AFB, N.D., participated in an exercise with the Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System's E-8C aircraft recently.
- B-52s integrate with Joint STARS Jan 12, 1998
- U-S / RUSSIAN MAFIA VOA 13-Jan-98
- National emergency with respect to Libya LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT TO THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AND THE PRESIDENT OF THE SENATE - January 13, 1998
- MARINE CORPS ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO ACTIVE DUTY FORCE STRUCTURE By Fred Carr, Jr. MARINE CORPS News HQMC (Jan 14) -- The Marine Corps will enter the 21st century as a slightly smaller fighting force.
- UNABOMB SUSPECT CRAZY? VOA 14-Jan-98
- GERMANY / EXTREMISM VOA 14-Jan-98
- Nonproliferation policies and practices of the People's Republic of China White House LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT TO THE CHAIRMEN OF THE SENATE SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE AND THE HOUSE PERMANENT SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGIENCE January 15, 1998
- COMPLICATED UNABOMBER TRIAL VOA 16-Jan-98
- RUSSIAN SPY PLANES/IRAQ VOA 16-Jan-98
- GERMANY / EAVESDROPPING VOA 16-Jan-98
- CUBA/EXILES VOA 20-Jan-98
- Comment on former Ambassador Seitz's claim that the White House leaked sensitive British Intelligence information to the IRA DEPARTMENT OF STATE DAILY PRESS BRIEFING Tuesday, January 20, 1998
- Comment on former Ambassador Seitz's claim that the White House leaked sensitive British Intelligence information to the IRA THE WHITE HOUSE January 20, 1998 PRESS BRIEFING BY MIKE MCCURRY [EXCERPT]
- KACZYNSKI COMPETENT VOA 20-Jan-98
- TEXT: CLINTON CONTINUES EMERGENCY REGARDING TERRORISTS 21 January 1998
- Missile and Space Intelligence Center (MSIC) ground breaking ceremony PRESS ADVISORY No. 012-P January 22, 1998
- KACZYNSKI PLEADS GUILTY VOA 22 January 1998
- Guilty pleas by Theodore Kaczynski in the Unabomber case January 23, 1998 FBI Director Louis J. Freeh
- U-2s provide unique challenges, rewards Released: Jan 27, 1998 by Capt. Donna Nicholas 4404th Wing (Provisional) Public Affairs ARABIAN GULF REGION (AFNS) -- A flight is characterized as "fighting with the dragon" or "dancing with the lady," depending on how well or difficult it went.
- STEVEN DAVIS PLEADS GUILTY TO THEFT OF GILLETTE TRADE SECRETS January 27, 1998 ... Steven L. Davis pled guilty yesterday to federal charges that he stole and disclosed trade secrets of The Gillette Company.
- INTELLIGENCE CHIEFS TESTIFY ON U.S. NATIONAL SECURITY THREATS (CIA, DIA, FBI, and State Department on Iraq, terrorism) By Susan Ellis USIA Staff Writer 28 January 1998
- UAV Battlelab conducts first initiative Released: Jan 28, 1998 by Capt. Patrick Hudson 53rd Wing Public Affairs EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. (AFNS) -- The Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Battlelab, of Eglin's 53rd Wing, put its first initiative known as Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses, to the test recently near Cannon Air Force Base, N.M.
- CLINIC BOMBING VOA 29 January 1998
- C-I-A / IRAQ & IRAN VOA 29 January 1998
- TEXT: PRESIDENT REPORTS ON EMERGENCY WITH RESPECT TO TERRORISTS 29 January 1998
- National Reconnaissance Office Satellite Successfully Launched 29 January 1998 - >A National Reconnaissance Office satellite was successfully launched aboard an Atlas IIA rocket from Cape Canaveral AFS, FL.
- U.S. COUNTRY HUMAN RIGHTS REPORTS RELEASED 30 January 1998
- HUMAN RIGHTS-CHINA VOA 30 January 1998
- HUMAN RIGHTS-OVERVIEW VOA 30 January 1998
- TERRORISM EMERGENCY CONTINUES VOA 30 January 1998
- RECON: 'EYES AND EARS' OF CORPS By Cpl. Matthew R. Weir (Jan 30) -- Reconnaissance Marines throughout the Marine Corps are trained to carry out missions on land and from the air and sea.
- Torricelli's Terrorist List Friends By Kenneth R. Timmerman The American Spectator January 1998 The recent campaign finance scandals have focused attention on the mysterious role foreign money has come to play in American politics. So what is one to say about a U.S. senator who openly accepts campaign money from a group the State Department calls terrorists? Torricelli makes no bones of his ties to the group, the Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK), also known as the People's Mujahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|