DD-927 / DL-2 / DDG-35 Mitscher
Laid down as DD 927, the MITSCHER was redesignated DL 2 on February 2, 1951. On March 18, 1966, the MITSCHER entered the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard for conversion to a guided missile destroyer. Redesignated DDG 35, the MITSCHER rejoined the fleet on June 29, 1968. Both decommissioned and stricken from the Navy list on June 1, 1978, the MITSCHER was sold for scrap on August 1, 1980.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|