4th Brigade, 104th Division
The unit was constituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 104th Division Train, Quartermaster Corps. Organized in September 1922 with Headquarters at Salt Lake City, Utah. Redesignated 23 March 1925 as the 104th Division Quartermaster Train.
The unit was later redesignated 1 July 1936 as the 429th Quartermaster Regiment and remained assigned to the 104th Division (later redesignated as the 104th Infantry Division). Redesignated 6 April 1942 as the 429th Quartermaster Battalion. Ordnance Maintenance Platoon, Headquarters Company, 429th Quartermaster Battalion, redesignated 14 September 1942 as the 804th Ordnance Light Maintenance Company, an element of the 104th Infantry Division (remainder of battalion-hereafter separate lineage). Ordered into active military service 15 September 1942 and reorganized at Camp Adair, Oregon. Inactivated 18 December 1945 at Camp San Luis Obispo, California.
The unit was redesignated 12 May 1947 as the 804th Ordnance Maintenance Company. Activated 15 June 1947 at Vancouver, Washington. (Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve.) Location changed 1 March 1952 to Portland, Oregon. Reorganized and redesignated 10 November 1952 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 804th Ordnance Battalion (organic elements concurrently constituted and activated). Battalion inactivated 10 June 1959 at Portland, Oregon. Disbanded 11 June 1959.
Headquarters, 804th Ordnance Battalion, reconstituted 24 November 1967 in the Army Reserve as Headquarters, 4th Brigade, 104th Division (Training). Activated 10 January 1968 at Fort Lawton, Washington. Location changed 16 November 1982 to Fort Lewis, Washington; on 15 September 1993 to Sacramento, California; on 16 November 1996 to Dublin, California.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|