2nd Brigade, 104th Division
the unit was constituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 329th Ammunition Train and assigned to the 104th Division. Organized in May 1923 at Casper, Wyoming.
The unit was later converted and redesignated 6 April 1942 as the 929th Field Artillery Battalion and remained assigned to the 104th Division (later redesignated as the 104th Infantry Division). Ordered into active military service 15 September 1942 and reorganized at Camp Adair, Oregon. Inactivated 6 November 1945 at Camp San Luis Obispo, California. Activated 12 June 1947 with Headquarters at Vancouver, Washington. (Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve.) (Location of Headquarters changed 23 November 1948 to Walla Walla, Washington; on 15 January 1949 to Salem, Oregon.) Inactivated 10 June 1959 at Salem, Oregon. Disbanded 11 June 1959.
Headquarters, 929th Field Artillery Battalion, reconstituted 24 November 1967 in the Army Reserve as Headquarters, 2d Brigade, 104th Division (Training). Activated 10 January 1968 at Pasco, Washington. Inactivated 15 September 1995 at Pasco, Washington.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|