- In-Flight Breakup During Test Flight Scaled Composites SpaceShipTwo, N339SS Near Koehn Dry Lake, California October 31, 2014, National Transportation Safety Board, Aerospace Accident Report NTSB/AAR-15/02 PB2015-105454, Adopted July 28, 2015 - Safety issues include the lack of human factors guidance for commercial space operators, the efficacy and timing of the preapplication consultation process, limited interactions between the FAA/AST and applicants during the experimental permit evaluation process, missed opportunities during the FAA/ASTís evaluations of hazard analyses and waivers from regulatory requirements, limited inspector familiarity with commercial space operators, an incomplete commercial space flight database for mishap lessons learned, and the need for improved emergency response planning.
- Russian Ballistic Missile Defense: Rhetoric and Reality by Mr. Keir Giles Strategic Studies Institute June 29, 2015
- Evolving Army Needs for Space-Based Support by Mr. Jeffrey L. Caton Strategic Studies Institute April 21, 2015
- Another Brick in the Wall: The Israeli Experience in Missile Defense by Dr. Jean-Loup Samaan Strategic Studies Institute April 13, 2015
- Space-Based Solar Power: A Technical, Economic, and Operational Assessment by Mr. Jeffrey L. Caton Strategic Studies Institute April 08, 2015
- The Annual Compendium of Commercial Space Transportation: 2016 Federal Aviation Administrationís Office of Commercial Space Transportation (FAA AST), February 2015 - The Annual Compendium of Commercial Space Transportation is a comprehensive annual publication of the Federal Aviation Administration's Office of Commercial Space Transportation. It will provide an overview of the industry's activities from the past year.
- Commercial Space Transportation Year in Review - 2014 - February 2015 - Summarizes U.S. and international launch activities for a specific calendar year. It includes a review and analysis for the five-year period prior to the year of the Review.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|