ANNEX ___(AIR AND MISSILE DEFENSE) TO
OPERATIONS ORDER NO ___
References: Maps, charts, datum, and other relevant documents.
Time Zone used throughout the Order:
- SITUATION. Thoroughly describe the operational environment in which the major operation will be conducted. Include tactical information for early phases of the operation.
- MISSION. The Army air and missile defense mission to be conducted is stated in this paragraph. This paragraph provides an overview of the missions of integrated air and missile defense operations in support of the maneuver forces. The specific TMD mission is to protect US forces, US allies and selected assets from TM attack. The mission is accomplished by planning, coordinating, deconflicting, and executing air and missile defense operations to provide for the application of an integrated and coordinated mix of mutually supporting capabilities making up the four operational elements of TMD.
- EXECUTION. Provide a statement, in general terms, of the commander's vision of air and missile defense mission accomplishment.
- Concept of Operations. Describe the commander's vision of how the air and missile defense mission will be accomplished for all phases of the operation, to include the intent for the execution of operations for each of the four TMD operational elements. Discuss defense of critical assets, priorities, sensors, active defense, attack operations, passive defense, and areas of responsibility for each phase of the operation.
- Tasks To Subordinate Units. Provide the tasks for each phase of the operation in a subparagraph for units supporting TMD operations.
- SERVICE SUPPORT. Provide operational support instructions that are of primary interest to the elements being supported. Refer to the basic OPLAN.
- COMMAND AND SIGNAL. Provide information concerning command post locations, succession of command and liaison requirements. In broad terms, state, the primary links for synchronizing and integrating air and missile defense operations.