November 2022 Space News
- Space Force Component Activation Ceremony CENTCOM 30 Nov 2022 -- U.S. Central Command will activate U.S. Space Forces - Central at MacDill Air Force Base on Dec. 2, 2022.
- Satellites Used Against Russia in Ukraine May Become Legitimate Targets Sputnik 30 Nov 2022 -- Quasi-civilian satellites used by Western countries to support the Ukrainian military throughout the conflict may become legitimate targets for Russia, Vladimir Ermakov, the director of the Russian Foreign Ministry's non-proliferation and arms control department, has told Sputnik.
- Readout of Vice President Harris's Meeting with President Macron on Space Cooperation The White House 30 Nov 2022
- Remarks by Vice President Harris and President Emmanuel Macron of France in Meeting on Space Cooperation The White House 30 Nov 2022
- China's six astronauts in two missions make historic gathering in space People's Daily 30 Nov 2022 -- The three astronauts aboard China's Shenzhou-15 spaceship entered the country's space station and met with another astronaut trio on Wednesday, a historic gathering that added the manpower at the in-orbit space lab to six for the first time.
- China completes all launches at its space station construction stage following latest successful Shenzhou-15 mission Global Times 29 Nov 2022 -- China successfully launched the Shenzhou-15 manned spacecraft via a Long March-2F carrier rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center on Tuesday, which marked the completion, within two years, of all 11 space launch missions scheduled at the construction stage for the country's first permanent space station.
- Geopolitics is also reflected in space, Europe has to defend its interests too Czech Republic Ministry of Defence & Armed Forces 28 Nov 2022 -- On 30 November 2022, the international seminar "Defending European Interests in Space" will take place in Prague within the Czech Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
- Shenzhou-15 crew to visit China Space Station, conduct 1st crew handover in orbit in China's space history Global Times 28 Nov 2022 -- China on Monday unveiled the line-up of three taikonauts for Shenzhou-15 manned spaceflight mission that is set to be launched on Tuesday night. The trio led by mission commander Fei Junlong with two space newcomers Deng Qingming and Zhang Lu are going to conduct a direct handover in orbit with the Shenzhou-14 crew at the China Space Station in construction, which shall mark a first in China's aerospace history.
- Russia Launches Soyuz Rocket With Military Satellite From Plesetsk Sputnik 28 Nov 2022 -- Russia successfully launched a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket with a military satellite from the Plesetsk spaceport, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Monday.
- Japan to Launch 50 Military Satellites Starting Fiscal Year 2024, Reports Say Sputnik 28 Nov 2022 -- Japan plans to start establishing a unit consisting of 50 satellites to monitor military targets and their movement from a low altitude in two years, Japanese newspaper reported on Monday.
- China successfully tests first high-thrust reusable liquid oxygen-kerosene engine Global Times 26 Nov 2022 -- China has successfully completed two-start tests of the 130-ton reusable liquid oxygen-kerosene secondary combustion cycle engine on Saturday, the Global Times learned from its developer, the 6th Research Institute of China's Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation.
- Poland Sees Placing German Patriot Missile Launchers Near Ukraine Border RFE/RL 21 Nov 2022 -- Polish Defense Minister Mariusz Blaszczak says Warsaw will accept an offer from Germany and propose deploying additional Patriot missile launchers near its border with Ukraine. "I accepted with satisfaction the proposal of the German Minister of Defense regarding the deployment of additional Patriot missile launchers in our country. During today's telephone conversation with the German side, I will propose that the system be stationed at the border with Ukraine," Blaszczak said in a tweet on November 21. Germany's offer came after a stray missile crashed in Poland last week.
- Germany offers Patriot missile system to Poland amid Ukraine war Press TV 21 Nov 2022 -- Germany has offered Warsaw the Patriot missile defense system to help it secure its airspace after a stray missile crashed and killed two people in Poland last week.
- Iran will soon launch Nahid satellite: Minister IRNA 20 Nov 2022 -- Iran's Minister of Information and Communications Technology Issa Zarepour says the country will soon launch its homemade Nahid satellite into space.
- ISRO makes history today by successfully launching India's maiden private Vikram-suborbital (VKS) rocket to grace the skies India PIB 18 Nov 2022 -- Soon after the successful launch of India's first ever private Rocket launch, Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh, who was personally present at the launching site, in his very first reaction said , "Congratulations India! A new beginning in India's Space journey ! Thanks so very much PM Narendra Modi ji for making this effort possible by opening the Space sector to public-private-participation. A turning point for India's Start-Up movement! Kudos ISRO for a new feather in your much decorated hat".
- India Successfully Launches Country's First Private Rocket Vikram-S Sputnik 18 Nov 2022 -- The 550kg Vikram-S was developed by the four-year-old start-up Skyroot Aerospace, two years after the space sector - which thus far has relied on the government for subsidies - was opened up to private companies. It comes as India aims to develop a space ecosystem to achieve a 10 percent share of the $17Bln global satellite launch market.
- Shenzhou-14 taikonauts complete 5.5-hour spacewalk People's Daily 18 Nov 2022 -- The Shenzhou-14 crew on board the orbiting Chinese Tiangong space station completed their third spacewalk at 4:50 p.m. (Beijing Time) on Thursday, according to the China Manned Space Agency.
- Shenzhou-14 taikonauts conduct 3rd spacewalk; first extravehicular activity verifies reliability of robotic arms combo Global Times 17 Nov 2022 -- The taikonauts of the Shenzhou-14 manned spaceflight mission crew conducted their third spacewalk on Thursday, which marked the first extravehicular activity (EVA) after the China Space Station completed its T-shape basic structure assembly on November 3.
- Joint Statement of the First Meeting of the U.S.-France Comprehensive Dialogue on Space US Dept. of State 17 Nov 2022 -- The following joint statement was released by the Governments of the United States and France at the first meeting of the U.S.-France Comprehensive Dialogue on Space.
- NRL CIRCE Satellites Delivered, Set for Historic 2022 UK Launch US Navy 17 Nov 2022 -- The U.S. Naval Research Laboratory oversaw the delivery and preparation for launch of its twin 6U CubeSat satellites on Oct. 15 at Spaceport Cornwall in Newquay in the United Kingdom (U.K.).
- Statement by Vice President Kamala Harris on U.S.-Japan Space Cooperation The White House 17 Nov 2022
- NASA's Return to the Moon Begins With Launch of Artemis 1 VOA 16 Nov 2022 -- After overcoming some last-minute technical issues, NASA's Space Launch System, or S-L-S rocket and boosters successfully launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, early Wednesday, carrying an unmanned Orion spacecraft into the heavens on an initial test flight to the moon.
- Liftoff! NASA's Artemis I Mega Rocket Launches Orion to Moon NASA 16 Nov 2022 -- Following a successful launch of NASA's Space Launch System (SLS), the most powerful rocket in the world, the agency's Orion spacecraft is on its way to the Moon as part of the Artemis program. Carrying an uncrewed Orion, SLS lifted off for its flight test debut at 1:47 a.m. EST Wednesday from Launch Pad 39B at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- Artemis I Advances International Cooperation, Inspires Next Generation US Dept. of State 16 Nov 2022 -- "With the successful launch of Artemis I, NASA has embarked on its latest mission to explore the unknown for the benefit of humanity."
- Artemis 1 Unmanned Moon Mission Launched After Being Delayed Several Times Sputnik 16 Nov 2022 -- First unmanned lunar mission Artemis 1 with the Space Launch System (SLS) rocket and the Orion spacecraft was launched on Wednesday from NASA's Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral following months of delays of the mission, NASA said.
- China launches CERES-1 Y4 commercial rocket with five satellites People's Daily 16 Nov 2022 -- China on Wednesday launched a CERES-1 Y4 carrier rocket placing a commercial satellite group in space.
- Chinese private satellite firm Galactic Energy sends five satellites into a solar synchronous orbit Global Times 16 Nov 2022 -- Chinese private aerospace venture Galactic Energy Space Co successfully launched the Ceres 1 (Yao 4) carrier rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Northwest China's Gansu Province on Wednesday afternoon, successfully placing five commercial satellites into a solar synchronous orbit.
- China launches Yaogan-34 remote-sensing satellite for land surveys, disaster prevention Global Times 15 Nov 2022 -- China sent a new remote-sensing satellite of the Yaogan-34 series into space from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China on Tuesday morning, marking the launch of the100th satellite developed by the 509th Research Institute of the Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology. It will mainly be used in land resources surveys and disaster prevention.
- China's Tianzhou-4 cargo craft re-enters atmosphere Global Times 15 Nov 2022 -- China's Tianzhou-4 cargo craft, tasked with supporting the Shenzhou-14 crewed mission, re-entered the atmosphere on Tuesday, according to the China Manned Space Agency.
- X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle concludes 6th successful mission US Air Force 13 Nov 2022 -- The X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle-6, or OTV-6, the U.S. Space Force's unmanned, reusable spaceplane, successfully deorbited and landed at NASA's Kennedy Space Center Shuttle Landing Facility Nov. 12.
- Shenzhou-14 crew enters Shenzhou-5; cargo mission sets new world record for fastest rendezvous and docking operation Global Times 13 Nov 2022 -- The Shenzhou-14 crew entered the Tianzhou-5 cargo spacecraft on Sunday at 3:03 pm, after they completed environment testing of the newly launched and docked spacecraft, the China Manned Space Agency (CMSA) said. The taikonauts will transfer the cargo according to schedule, the Global Times learned from the CMSA on Sunday afternoon.
- China achieves two-hour ultrafast rendezvous in Tianzhou-5 cargo supply mission, setting new world record, laying ground for crewed mission application Global Times 12 Nov 2022 -- Tianzhou-5 cargo spacecraft smoothly docked with the China's T-Shape Tiangong Space Station about only two hours after being launched earlier from Wenchang Space Launch Site in South China's Hainan Province, marking a new record of the world's fastest launching to docking feat in space for a spacecraft, and showcasing the China speed once again.
- China's cargo craft Tianzhou-5 docks with space station combination People's Daily 12 Nov 2022 -- China's cargo spacecraft Tianzhou-5, delivering supplies for the space station, conducted a fast automated rendezvous and docking with the combination of the space station Tiangong on Saturday, according to the China Manned Space Agency.
- China Successfully Launches Tianzhou-5 Cargo Ship to Tiangong Space Station Sputnik 12 Nov 2022 -- China successfully launched Tianzhou-5 unmanned cargo spacecraft, which is expected to dock with Tiangong space station and conduct a resupply mission, the China Manned Space Agency (CMSA) said on Saturday.
- China launches cargo craft Tianzhou-5 for space station supplies People's Daily 12 Nov 2022 -- China launched cargo spacecraft Tianzhou-5 on Saturday to deliver supplies for the country's space station, the construction of which is expected to be completed this year.
- China launches Tianzhou-5 cargo spacecraft to ferry goods to T-shape space station combination Global Times 12 Nov 2022 -- China successfully launched Tianzhou-5 cargo spacecraft into preset orbit to ferry supplies to the China's Space Station, via a Long March-7 carrier rocket from Wenchang Space Launch Site in South China's Hainan Province, marking the first launch mission to the Tiangong Space Station after the completion of the T-shape assembly of the country's first-ever permanent space station.
- US to Launch 150 Early Warning, Tracking Satellites This Decade - Space Development Agency Sputnik 11 Nov 2022 -- The US military will be launching a new constellation of Tranches One and Two of resilient early warning, tracking and targeting satellites with unprecedented capabilities over the rest of this decade, Space Development Agency (SDA) Director Derek Tournear said.
- China displays powerful space monitoring radar for first time at Airshow China Global Times 10 Nov 2022 -- China's leading radar developer exhibited a giant space monitoring radar, which is believed to be the "most powerful radar," at this year's Airshow China. It's about 10 meters high, and it attracted wide attention not only from military enthusiasts but also from foreign visitors.
- NRL Engineers Ready Innovative Robotic Servicing of Geosynchronous Satellites (RSGS) Payload for Launch US Navy 09 Nov 2022 -- Engineers at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory's (NRL) Naval Center for Space Technology (NCST) recently completed robotic payload component level testing for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Robotic Servicing of Geosynchronous Satellites (RSGS) program.
- Raisi admin. seeking to speed up Iran's space industry progress IRNA 07 Nov 2022 -- The Ministry of Information and Communications Technology of Iran said that the administration of President Ebrahim Raisi was speeding up the development of the space industry of the Islamic Republic.
- Spox lauds Iran's launching Qaem-100 launch vehicle IRNA 07 Nov 2022 -- Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Nasser Kanaani hailed the successful launching of Qaem-100, the Iranian-developed launch vehicle.
- Successful launch of Qaem 100 satellite carrier made Iran's enemies angry, delusional: Foreign Ministry spox Press TV 07 Nov 2022 -- Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman has hailed the recent successful launch of Qaem 100 satellite carrier by the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps' Aerospace Force, describing it as a symbol of the country's national power.
- Iran successfully test fires suborbital carrier IRNA 05 Nov 2022 -- The IRGC Aerospace Force successfully test fired Qaem 100 solid fuel carrier on Saturday.
- IRGC's Aerospace successfully launches Qaem 100 solid fuel suborbital carrier Press TV 05 Nov 2022 -- The Aerospace Force of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) successfully launches Qaem 100 three-stage solid fuel suborbital carrier.
- All BDS-3 satellites working well, contributing to top-class navigation system with unique advantages: white paper Global Times 04 Nov 2022 -- The China-developed BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) has become a top-class system with cutting-edge technologies and powerful functions, according to a white paper released Friday. China is ready to share its achievements in developing the BDS and provide services to all other countries, it said.
- China releases white paper on BDS, outlines development in new era Global Times 04 Nov 2022 -- China issued a white paper on the country's BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) on Friday.
- China's BeiDou reaches world-class level: white paper PLA Daily 04 Nov 2022 -- China has developed the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) into a top-class system with cutting-edge technologies, pioneering design and powerful functions, according to a white paper published Friday by the State Council Information Office.
- Rocket debris from Mengtian launch falling on Earth an intl norm, chance of causing harm extremely low: Chinese FM Global Times 04 Nov 2022 -- With many across the world still immersed in the excitement over the epic launch of the third and final part of China's Space Station - the Mengtian lab module - some in the West have once again begun their hyping of the launch vehicle's falling debris, claiming it is falling back to Earth "uncontrollably."
- Shenzhou-14 taikonauts enter Mengtian lab module after China Space Station completes assembly in orbit Global Times 03 Nov 2022 -- China's manned space program has witnessed another milestone, as the Shenzhou-14 taikonauts entered the Mengtian lab module - the third and last part of the three-module China Space Station - on Thursday afternoon, after the new module carried out a transposition to the side docking port, completing in-orbit assembly of the station's T-shape basic structure.
- Russia's Roscosmos Makes Orders for Space Stations Luna 26, Luna 27 Sputnik 03 Nov 2022 -- Russia's space agency Roscosmos has placed an order with NPO Lavochkin, a Moscow-based aerospace company, for the design of two lunar stations - an orbital station Luna 26 and landing station Luna 27, according to the government procurement website.
- DRDO conducts successful maiden flight-test of Phase-II Ballistic Missile Defence interceptor off Odisha coast India PIB 02 Nov 2022 -- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted a successful maiden flight-test of Phase-II Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) interceptor AD-1 missile with large kill altitude bracket from APJ Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha on November 02, 2022. The flight-test was carried out with participation of all BMD weapon system elements located at different geographical locations.
- India Conducts Maiden Flight of Long-Range Ballistic Missile Defense Interceptor Sputnik 02 Nov 2022 -- India's state-run Defense Research and Development Organization is developing a different version of an interceptor missile to protect strategic assets from enemy aerial threats. India is part of a select group of countries possessing domestic capability to develop such systems. The other four countries are the US, Russia, Israel, and France.
- Remarks by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III at the Chief of Space Operations Change of Responsibility Ceremony (As Delivered) DoD 02 Nov 2022
- Austin Says Space Force Ensures U.S. Maintains Space Preeminence DoD News 02 Nov 2022 -- The United States leads the way in space. But in recent years, it has become a contested environment, as China and Russia are investing in their own space capabilities, said the secretary of defense.
- Mengtian lab module to conduct transposition, complete forming of China Space Station T-shape structure Global Times 02 Nov 2022 -- The Mengtian, the third and last part of the three-module China Space Station basic structure that docked with the orbiting combination of earlier modules early on Tuesday, is expected to carry out a transposition maneuver on Thursday, after which the China Space Station will complete the formation of the T-shape structure.
- China Space Station's third and final module Mengtian docks with orbiting combination Global Times 01 Nov 2022 -- The Mengtian lab module - the third and final part of the three-module China Space Station's basic structure - made a rendezvous and docked with the Tianhe space station core module at 4:27 am on Tuesday, about 13 hours after being launched, according to the China Manned Space Agency (CMSA).
- China's Mengtian lab module docks with space station combination Global Times 01 Nov 2022 -- The Mengtian lab module has successfully docked with China's Tiangong space station combination, according to the China Manned Space Agency (CMSA).
- China successfully launches final part of its three-module space station, to complete T-shape structure assembly Global Times 01 Nov 2022 -- China successfully launched Mengtian lab module - the third and final part of its three-module home-developed space station - into preset orbit, on Monday afternoon from South China's tropical island province of Hainan, kicking start the final battle of completing the country's T-shape and first-ever permanent space station.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|