June 2022 Space News
- US surveillance satellite probe poses big security threat: experts Global Times 30 Jun 2022 -- US media reported a recent event in which a pair of Chinese satellites evaded a probe attempt by a US space surveillance satellite, with Chinese experts saying on Wednesday that the US spying activities in space pose enormous security threats to many countries including China. They said the US media's hyping of Chinese satellites' defensive measures is a vile trick.
- United States Hosts U.S.- EU Space Dialogue US Dept. of State 29 Jun 2022 -- As part of our deep ongoing collaboration on outer space issues, officials from the United States and the European Union met for the 11th U.S.-EU Space Dialogue in Washington, D.C.
- China launches new satellite for Earth observation PLA Daily 28 Jun 2022 -- China sent a new Earth observation satellite into space from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China on Monday.
- Iran Reports Test Of Satellite Launcher As Diplomats Announce Restart Of Nuclear Talks RFE/RL 26 Jun 2022 -- Iran says it has tested its Zuljanah satellite launcher for a second time ahead of the expected start of talks to revive the Iran nuclear deal.
- Iran launches 2nd home-made 'Zoljanah' satellite carrier IRNA 26 Jun 2022 -- Spokesman of the Space Department of the Iranian Defense Ministry Ahmad Hosseini said on Sunday that Iran launched a second homemade "Zoljanah" satellite carrier.
- Iran tests Zuljanah indigenous satellite carrier rocket for second time Press TV 26 Jun 2022 -- Iran has tested its domestically-developed hybrid-propellant satellite carrier rocket called Zuljanah for "predetermined research purposes" for the second time.
- Iran Carries Out 2nd Successful Test-Launch of Homegrown Carrier Rocket - Video Sputnik 26 Jun 2022 -- Iran has successfully test-launched the domestically-produced civilian satellite carrier Zoljanah powered by a compound-fuel engine, state media reported on Sunday, citing the defense ministry's space department.
- Ship Yuanwang-3 completes satellite maritime measurement and control missions PLA Daily 24 Jun 2022 -- On June 23, Beijing time, China successfully launched the remote sensing satellite Yaogan-35 02 into space with the Long March 2D carrier rocket at the Xichang Satellite Launch Center, and China's space-tracking ship Yuanwang-3 successfully completed relevant maritime measurement and control missions at predesigned sea areas.
- South Korea Launches Satellite Into Orbit Using Its Own Rocket VOA 21 Jun 2022 -- South Korea succeeded in its second attempt to place a satellite into orbit using a domestically built space rocket, South Korean authorities said Tuesday, a key step in the country's ambitious plans for independent space development.
- China declares successful test of land-based missile-interception system Press TV 20 Jun 2022 -- China has successfully tested a land-based missile interception system, the Defense Ministry said, describing it as defensive.
- China Announces Successful Anti-Ballistic Missile Test Amid Push to 'Enhance Defense Capabilities' Sputnik 20 Jun 2022 -- The test comes amid simmering tensions between Beijing and Washington, as China's defense minister accused the US of "smearing" and trying to 'contain' his country by interfering in its internal affairs.
- China holds latest antiballistic missile technical test, 'proves reliability amid improving technologies' Global Times 19 Jun 2022 -- China carried out a land-based, mid-course antiballistic missile (ABM) technical test on Sunday, with analysts saying the successful interception proved the reliability of the country's antiballistic missile umbrella at a time when technologies on both ballistic missiles and antiballistic missile interceptors are improving.
- China conducts land-based mid-course missile interception test PLA Daily 20 Jun 2022 -- According to a written statement released by China's Defense Ministry on Sunday, China conducted a land-based mid-course missile interception test within its territory on June 19, 2022 and achieved the desired test objective. The test is defensive in nature and not targeted against any country.
- NASA Worries a Possible SpaceX Rocket Explosion Could Stop It Sending Astronauts to ISS Sputnik 18 Jun 2022 -- SpaceX is reportedly already looking into ways of making the launch facility in question more resistant to explosions.
- Iran plans two more research launches for indigenous satellite carrier rocket Zoljanah Press TV 15 Jun 2022 -- A spokesman for Iran's defense ministry says the Islamic Republic plans to carry out two more launches of its domestically-developed hybrid-propellant satellite carrier rocket called Zoljanah.
- Pentagon Chief: US on Cusp of Delivering Prototype Laser Missile Defense System Sputnik 11 Jun 2022 -- The United States is on the cusp of delivering a prototype high-energy laser missile defense system, US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said during remarks in Singapore.
- Cabinet approves Transfer of 10 In-orbit Communication Satellites from Government of India to M/s. NewSpace India Ltd.(NSIL) India PIB 08 Jun 2022 -- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the transfer of 10 in-orbit communication satellites from Government of India (Gol) to M/s.NewSpace India Ltd. (NSIL), a wholly owned Public Sector Enterprise of GOI under the administrative control of the Department of Space.
- Shenzhou-14 crew moves into Tianhe, kicking off 'most complicated' manned space mission to date Global Times 05 Jun 2022 -- China's Tianhe space station core module and Tianzhou-3, -4 cargo spacecraft combination have received a new crew of taikonauts, some 10 hours after the mission was launched from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Northwest China's Gansu Province on Sunday.
- 3 Chinese Astronauts Arrive at Tiangong Space Station VOA 05 Jun 2022 -- Three Chinese astronauts arrived at the country's space station on Sunday, the Chinese space agency for human flights said, the latest stride in Beijing's aim to become a major space power.
- Shenzhou-14 mission to head for China Space Station on Sunday, to complete construction of national space lab Global Times 04 Jun 2022 -- The Shenzhou-14 manned mission is slated to be launched at 10:44 on Sunday morning from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Northwest China's Gansu Province, authorities announced on Saturday. The three crew members are Chen Dong, Liu Yang and Cai Xuzhe, with Chen as the mission commander.
- China to launch Shenzhou XIV manned mission People's Daily 04 Jun 2022 -- The Shenzhou XIV mission - China's ninth manned spaceflight - is scheduled for launch on Sunday morning from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in the northwestern Gobi Desert, according to a senior mission official.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|