January 2021 Space News
- Chinese private rocket firm LandSpace accomplishes payload fairing separation Global Times 29 Jan 2021 -- Chinese private rocket firm LandSpace confirmed with the Global Times Friday that it has accomplished a payload fairing separation test for its self-developed ZQ-2 liquid-propellant carrier rocket, a step toward the maiden liftoff for the much-expected rocket.
- Commander Lists 5 Tasks to Ensuring Continued Space Superiority DoD News 26 Jan 2021 -- Of the 11 Defense Department combatant commands, the U.S. Space Command has the largest area of responsibility â€” starting at 100 kilometers above the earth and expanding into infinity, said its commander.
- New-material rocket tanks to boost China's space launch capability and manned missions Global Times 26 Jan 2021 -- China has successfully developed two types of rocket tank prototypes made from new lighter but stronger materials, and according to industry insiders, these advances will further help reduce the weight of rocket bodies and consequently enhance the rockets' space launch capabilities, laying the foundation for the new generation of heavy-lift and even manned rockets.
- Space Force Exists to Deal With Threats in Space Domain, Vice Chairman Says DoD News 22 Jan 2021 -- Threats by Russia and China to deny U.S. access and capability in space make the Space Force critical to national security, said the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- China releases regulations on management of Chang'e-5 lunar samples People's Daily 21 Jan 2021 -- The China National Space Administration (CNSA) rolled out on Monday regulations on the management of lunar samples brought back to Earth by the country's Chang'e-5 moon probe, which is an important manifestation of China's efforts to carry out practical international cooperation and exchanges on studying the samples.
- China's space tracking ship completes satellite launch monitoring PLA Daily 20 Jan 2021 -- China's space tracking ship Yuanwang-5 completed its mission in the Pacific Ocean to monitor and ensure the launch of the Tiantong 1-03 satellite on Wednesday.
- Space station modules ready for missions People's Daily 18 Jan 2021 -- Three major components of China's space station program have passed technical and quality assessments and are ready for upcoming missions, the China Manned Space Agency said.
- NASA Conducts Test of SLS Rocket Core Stage for Artemis I Moon Mission NASA 16 Jan 2021 -- NASA conducted a hot fire Saturday of the core stage for the agency's Space Launch System (SLS) rocket that will launch the Artemis I mission to the Moon. The hot fire is the final test of the Green Run series.
- Partnerships Key to Space Force Delivering Warfighting Capabilities DoD News 14 Jan 2021 -- The Space Force is responsible for delivering space capability to the joint and coalition forces, including such items as navigation, timing, electromagnetic operations, orbital warfare, GPS, missile warning, satellite communications and launch space domain awareness.
- China makes progress in developing rocket engines for space missions People's Daily 13 Jan 2021 -- China is creating a new line of rocket engines for its upcoming space missions, the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC) announced Tuesday.
- EU to initiate launcher alliance to enhance space autonomy People's Daily 13 Jan 2021 -- The European Space Program needs a European launcher alliance to ensure independent access to space, European Commissioner for Internal Market Thierry Breton said Tuesday.
- Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding Small Modular Reactors for National Defense and Space Exploration The White House 12 Jan 2021
- China makes new progress in major space programs PLA Daily 07 Jan 2021 -- At the beginning of 2021, China published a series of new developments in its major aerospace programs. According to China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC), the various modules, spacecraft, and rockets of the engineering space station under China's first space station developed by the CASC are under final assembly and testing as planned. The core module of its manned space station is scheduled to be launched this spring. Besides, China's Mars probe Tianwen-1 is expected to implement its braking at periareon in February this year.
- China to launch core module of space station in first half of 2021 PLA Daily 05 Jan 2021 -- China plans to launch the core module of its manned space station in the first half of 2021, a senior official said Friday.
- China aims for 40-plus space launch missions in 2021, space station construction to be top priority: CASC Global Times 05 Jan 2021 -- China's biggest rocket contractor China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC) has outlined its aim to conduct more than 40 space launch missions in 2021, and the construction of the country's first ever space station will be its top priority, according to a CASC official press release on Monday.
- ISRO in collaboration with private sector will boost "Atmanirbhar Bharat": Dr Jitendra Singh India PIB 04 Jan 2021 -- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh stated here today that ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) in collaboration with private sector will boost "Atmanirbhar Bharat".
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|