November 2019 Space News
- China's first electromagnetic satellite bears fruitful results Global Times 30 Nov 2019 -- China's first seismo-electromagnetic satellite Zhangheng 1 has obtained fruitful electromagnetic data, according to the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC).
- India's Electric Eye: ISRO Successfully Launches Cartosat-3 Satellite into Space Sputnik 27 Nov 2019 -- Cartosat-3 is a third generation agile advanced satellite which features a high-resolution imaging capability. The satellite will provide an edge to Indian armed forces to locate any troops and detect the movement of adversaries' military hardware along the border.
- Russian Defence Ministry Says Military Satellite Launched From Plesetsk Enters Into Orbit Sputnik 26 Nov 2019 -- The Russian military-purpose satellite that was launched from the Plesetsk space centre in the north of the country on Monday evening has entered into orbit, the Russian Defence Ministry has announced.
- NATO Shows Off Missile Base In Romania, Calling It 'Purely Defensive' RFE/RL 25 Nov 2019 -- NATO's land-based missile defense system in southern Romania has been a bone of contention between the alliance and Russia since it began operations at the start of 2016.
- China launches 50th and 51st navigation satellites into orbit Global Times 23 Nov 2019 -- China sent two more medium Earth orbit (MEO) satellites for the country's BeiDou Navigational Satellites System, or BDS into orbit on Saturday. They are the 50th and 51st of the BeiDou system, Global Times learned from the authorities.
- China Launches 2 More Satellites of BeiDou Navigation System - Aerospace Corporation Sputnik 23 Nov 2019 -- China on Saturday successfully launched into the orbit the 50th and 51st satellites of its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System, China Aerospace and Technology Corporation (CASC) said.
- China's new commercial rocket to debut in 2020 People's Daily 21 Nov 2019 -- China's new carrier rocket the Long March-8 has entered final assembly and test stages and is expected to make its maiden flight in 2020, the Global Times has learned from the developer - China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology under the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC) on Wednesday.
- India's Space Minister Reveals Reason Behind 'Failed' Chandrayaan-2 Moon Mission Sputnik 21 Nov 2019 -- India's ambition to soft-land on the Moon crash-landed when the Chandrayaan-2 failed to touch-down on the lunar surface as planned on 7 September. Its orbiter, however, continued to perform "as per the design providing valuable scientific data".
- NATO Recognizes Space as 'a New Operational Domain' - Stoltenberg Sputnik 21 Nov 2019 -- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has identified space as an operational domain, alongside air, land, sea and cyber area, the alliance's Secretary-General, Jens Stoltenberg, said.
- UAE Space Agency Chief Calls on Region to Create Arab Space Agency Sputnik 20 Nov 2019 -- The Director General of the UAE Space Agency, Mohammed Al Ahbabi, said on Wednesday that the creation of an Arab space agency would ensure that all countries in the region have a future in space exploration.
- Successful satellite tests to allow 'Hongyun speed' by 2020 Global Times 19 Nov 2019 -- The demonstration system for China's Hongyun Project, a low-orbit broadband communication satellite system, will become operational at the beginning of 2020, making substantial progress toward the eventual goal of providing internet connectivity to users around the world, developers told the Global Times on Tuesday.
- India's Space Agency to Launch Three Satellites to Boost Border Security Sputnik 19 Nov 2019 -- A third-generation Earth-imaging satellite Cartosat-3 and 13 commercial nanosatellites from the US will be launched from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, in Andhra Pradesh.
- China sends two global multimedia satellites into planned orbit Global Times 17 Nov 2019 -- Two global multimedia satellites were sent into planned orbit from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China on Sunday.
- Russia's Space Agency Creates Rocket-Monitoring System Using Technology Found in Smart Homes Sputnik 17 Nov 2019 -- The patented method works by collecting information on the status of rocket parts with the help of the Zigbee-based communication protocol.
- Success in Space Requires Partnerships, Spacecom Official Says DoD News 15 Nov 2019 -- Partnerships are important to achieving superiority in space, a senior official from U.S. Space Command said in Washington today.
- China completes Mars lander test ahead of first mission in 2020 Global Times 14 Nov 2019 -- China successfully conducted a Mars landing test of the country's red planet lander on Thursday in North China's Hebei Province, marking a key progress in the country's first mission to Mars which is expected to lift off in 2020.
- Indian Space Research Agency Will Reportedly Attempt Another Moon Landing by November 2020 Sputnik 14 Nov 2019 -- In July 2019, India attempted to be the first country to land a robotic mission at the moon's South Pole. The lunar mission, named 'Chandrayaan 2', failed when engineers lost contact with the "Vikram" lander in September.
- India's 'Failed' Moon Mission Still Active; Sends 3D Images of Lunar Surface Sputnik 14 Nov 2019 -- Although India's ambitious Moon Mission – Chandrayaan-2 – failed in an attempt to soft-land, it continues to map the topography of the lunar surface. The lander of the mission did not succeed in its planned landing on the South Pole, but the rover continues to orbit Moon with all its payloads completely functional.
- KuaiZhou-1A Y11 rocket successfully sends satellite to orbit Global Times 13 Nov 2019 -- China's solid-fueled KuaiZhou-1A (KZ-1A) Y11 carrier rocket blasted off at 11:40 am on Wednesday and successfully sent the Jilin-1 Gaofen 02A satellite into planned orbit from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Northwest China's Gansu Province.
- EU Member States Agree to Create Own Early Missile Warning System Sputnik 12 Nov 2019 -- The European Union member states adopted on Tuesday a joint defence project, aimed at strengthening their capacity of early missile threat warning and countering it.
- Russia Plans to Launch About 30 Next-Generation Navigation Satellites Sputnik 12 Nov 2019 -- The Russian satellite grouping has 23 operational satellites, with two in maintenance, one spare and one in a flight test phase. The satellites circle the Earth at an altitude of about 11,000 miles and ensure complete coverage of the surface and global signal availability.
- China confirms reception of data from Gaofen-7 satellite Global Times 08 Nov 2019 -- China has successfully tracked and received data from the newly launched Earth observation satellite Gaofen-7, according to the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
- Indian Space Agency Was Alerted to Cyber Attack Ahead of Failed Lunar Mission - Reports Sputnik 06 Nov 2019 -- The lander of India's second lunar probe, Chandrayaan-2 lost contact with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)'s earth station minutes before its scheduled soft-landing on the Moon's South Pole on 7 September, crushing the country's hope of making space history.
- China launches new BeiDou satellite People's Daily 05 Nov 2019 -- China sent a new satellite of the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) into space from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in Sichuan Province at 1:43 a.m. Tuesday.
- China sends 49th BDS satellite into space Global Times 04 Nov 2019 -- China successfully sent its 49th satellite for its domestically developed BeiDou Navigation Satellite System, or BDS, into a planned orbit on Tuesday morning, navigation authorities told the Global Times.
- New Iranian satellites to be placed into orbit soon IRNA 04 Nov 2019 -- Deputy Minister of Communications and Information Technology and Head of the Iranian Space Agency Morteza Barari said on Monday that in the pursuit of the second 10-year program of Iran's space development, the three satellites are to be completed and will be put into orbit in the near future.
- Iran to launch three satellites in coming years: Iran's space chief Press TV 04 Nov 2019 -- Head of the Iranian Space Agency (ISA) Morteza Barari has said that Iran plans to launch three satellites in upcoming years.
- Conquering Space: Iran to Send Three Self-Made Satellites in Nearest Future Sputnik 04 Nov 2019 -- In October, the Minister of Information and Communications Technology Mohammad-Javad Azari Jahromi said that Iran intended to send an astronaut into space, adding that Tehran would hold talks with Russia on the issue as foreign assistance would be needed.
- China launches new 3D mapping satellite Global Times 03 Nov 2019 -- China on Sunday launched an advanced 3D mapping satellite that can clearly see small country lanes from orbit, and will play a vital role in supporting urban and agricultural development.
- China launches new Earth observation satellite People's Daily 03 Nov 2019 -- China on Sunday launched a new Earth observation satellite, Gaofen-7, which will play an important role in land surveying and mapping, urban and rural construction and statistical investigation, according to the China National Space Administration (CNSA).
- Russian Top Diplomat Says US Refuses to Discuss Russian-Chinese Idea Against Militarisation of Space Sputnik 02 Nov 2019 -- The United States has been refusing to launch negotiations on the initiative of Russia and China on preventing an arms race in space, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said.
- China mulls $10 trillion Earth-moon economic zone Global Times 01 Nov 2019 -- China is mulling of establishing an Earth-moon space economic zone by 2050, with insiders expecting the zone to generate $10 trillion a year.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|