The Largest Security-Cleared Career Network for Defense and Intelligence Jobs - JOIN NOW

Space

Russian Space Agency Reschedules 6 Flights to Int'l Space Station for 2015

Sputnik News

15:33 09.06.2015(updated 16:48 09.06.2015)

Roscosmos has rescheduled launches to the International Space Station to include six more for 2015.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Russian space agency Roscosmos said on Tuesday it has rescheduled launches to the International Space Station (ISS) to include six more for 2015.

The decision was made after the Progress M27-M cargo ship carrying fuel, oxygen, food and scientific equipment to the ISS failed to dock, going into an uncontrolled spin on April 28. The spacecraft was soon declared irretrievable and burned up in the atmosphere during reentry.

"The State Commission has approved the corrected schedule of launches of Progress and Soyuz cargo and piloted ships to the International Space Station to the end of 2015," according to a Roscosmos statement.

The first of six proposed launches is scheduled for July 3.

On Friday, Roscosmos head Igor Komarov said the crew of the Expedition 42/43 would return to Earth from the International Space Station (ISS) on June 11.

Three members of the ISS crew – US astronaut Terry Virts, Roscosmos cosmonaut Anton Shkaplerov and European Space Agency astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti – were to return to Earth on May 14 but spent an extra month in orbit due to the loss of Progress M27-M.

A new ISS expedition, previously scheduled to launch on May 26, was postponed until late July.

Sputnik



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list