1998 Congressional Material
- A Proliferation Primer Speech by Senator Thad Cochran (R-MS) March 25, 1998 National Defense University Foundation Breakfast Series on Missile Defense, Proliferation, and Arms Control In order to meet the threat, Cochran said, it was imperative that the United States deploy a National Missile Defense (NMD) system as soon as technologically feasible. Therefore, he has introduced legislation to that effect, "The American Missile Protection Act of 1998 (S. 1806)."
- RE: talking points on Cochran NMD bill FR: John Isaacs On March 19, 1998, Sen. Thad Cochran introduced S.1806, entitled "American Missile Protection Act of 1998." The bill is seriously misguided.
- BENNETT --TRIBUTE TO GENERAL BERNARD A. SCHRIEVER (Senate - June 05, 1998)
- HON. NEWT GINGRICH - AMERICA FACES THREAT FROM A BALLISTIC MISSILE ATTACK (Extension of Remarks - July 24, 1998) - The bipartisan Rumsfeld commission unanimously concluded that the threat is much greater and the warning time available to defend against that threat is much shorter than the Clinton administration has admitted. I believe that it is now more important than ever to renew our commitment to working to deploy a national missile defense system.
- KYL -- THE RUMSFELD COMMISSION REPORT (Senate - July 31, 1998)
- WELDON - UNDERFUNDING OF OUR NATIONAL MILITARY AND OUR NATIONAL SECURITY APPARATUS (House of Representatives - October 06, 1998)
- KYL - Commercial Imagery of Israel COMMERCIAL SPACE ACT OF 1998 (Senate - October 07, 1998) [Page: S11692]
- DeFAZIO - ANOTHER BILLION DOLLARS FOR THE STAR WARS FANTASY (House of Representatives - October 16, 1998) [Page: H11027]
H.R. 2786 THEATER MISSILE DEFENSE IMPROVEMENT ACT OF 1998
SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR FISCAL YEAR 1998
- KYL AMENDMENT NO. 2079 (Senate - March 23, 1998) [Page: S2444]
- AMENDMENT NO. 2079 SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR NATURAL DISASTERS AND OVERSEAS PEACEKEEPING EFFORTS FOR FISCAL YEAR 1998 (Senate - March 24, 1998)
S. 1873. AMERICAN MISSILE PROTECTION ACT OF 1998
- INTRODUCTION OF BILLS AND JOINT RESOLUTIONS By Mr. COCHRAN (Senate - March 19, 1998) [Page: S2296]
- A bill to state the policy of the United States regarding the deployment of a missile defense system INTRODUCTION OF BILLS AND JOINT RESOLUTIONS (Senate - March 27, 1998)
- S. 1873. AMERICAN MISSILE PROTECTION ACT OF 1998 March 27, 1998
- AMERICAN MISSILE PROTECTION ACT OF 1998 Mr. COCHRAN (Senate - March 30, 1998) [Page: S2759]
- S. 1873 - The American Missile Protection Act of 1998 OMB Statement of Administration Policy -- May 11, 1998 -- The Administration strongly opposes S. 1873 because it would commit the United States to deploy a National Missile Defense system in the absence of a current rogue state long-range ballistic missile threat.
- Cloture Motion - AMERICAN MISSILE PROTECTION ACT OF 1998--MOTION TO PROCEED (Senate - May 11, 1998)
- COCHRAN -- AMERICAN MISSILE PROTECTION ACT (Senate - May 12, 1998)
- S. 1873 AMERICAN MISSILE PROTECTION ACT OF 1998--MOTION TO PROCEED (Senate - May 13, 1998) -- Senate failed to invoke cloture on S. 1873, the American Missile Protection Act of 1998.
- FAIRCLOTH -- AMERICAN MISSILE PROTECTION ACTOF 1998 (Senate - May 13, 1998)
- YOUNG of Alaska -- THE ALL-AMERICAN RESOLUTION (House of Representatives - May 19, 1998)
- OUR NATION'S DEFENSE -- (BY JAMES H. HUGHES) (Extension of Remarks - June 22, 1998)
House FY1999 Defense Authorization Bill
Senate FY1999 Defense Authorization Bill
- AMENDMENT NO. 2399 (PURPOSE: TO INCREASE THE AMOUNT FOR CLASSIFIED PROGRAMS BY $275,000,000, AND TO OFFSET THE INCREASE BY REDUCING THE AMOUNT FOR AIR FORCE PROCUREMENT FOR THE ADVANCE MEDIUM AIR-TO-AIR MISSILE SYSTEM PROGRAM BY $21,058,000, AND BY REDUCING THE AMOUNT FOR DEFENSE-WIDE RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, TEST, AND EVALUATION FOR ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING DEVELOPMENT UNDER THE THEATER HIGH AREA DEFENSE PROGRAM BY $253,942,000)
- SMITH of New Hampshire - missile defense(May 14, 1998)
- BINGAMAN - NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 1999 (Senate - June 22, 1998)
- SATELLITE CONTROLS UNDER THE UNITED STATES MUNITIONS LIST. AMENDMENT NO. 2737, AS MODIFIED (Senate - June 22, 1998)
- KYL - THE AEGIS/NMD STUDY (Senate - June 25, 1998)
- KYL AMENDMENT NO. 3036 TO REQUIRE A STUDY ON EFFECTIVE DEPLOYMENT OF THEATER MISSLE DEFENSE SYSTEMS IN THE ASIA-PACIFIC REGION (Senate - June 25, 1998)
DEPARTMENT STATE APPROPRIATIONS ACT, 1999
H.R. 4402 National Missile Defense
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list