2014 Security Reports
- Tribal Militias: An Effective Tool to Counter Al-Qaida and Its Affiliates? by Dr. Norman Cigar Strategic Studies Institute November 18, 2014
- Report of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Syrian Arab Republic: Rule of Terror: Living under ISIS in Syria United Nations 14 Nov 2014 -- "The armed group, the self-proclaimed “Islamic State” (hereinafter “the armed group” or “ISIS”)1 has made calculated use of public brutality and indoctrination to ensure the submission of communities under its control. (...) This paper is based on first-hand victim and witness accounts describing the impact of ISIS’s rule on their lives. In addition, the report is informed by the publications, photographs and video footage distributed by the armed group."
- Distinguishing Acts of War in Cyberspace: Assessment Criteria, Policy Considerations, and Response Implications by Mr. Jeffrey L. Caton Strategic Studies Institute October 16, 2014
- The Economic Impact of the 2014 Ebola Epidemic: Short and Medium Term Estimates for West Africa The World Bank 07 Oct 2014
- The Economic Impact of the 2014 Ebola Epidemic: Short and Medium Term Estimates for Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone The World Bank 17 Sep 2014
- Visual Propaganda and Extremism in the Online Environment by Dr. Carol K. Winkler, Dr. Cori E. Dauber Strategic Studies Institute July 25, 2014
- Russia's Contribution as a Partner in the War on Terrorism by Mr. Henry Plater-Zyberk Strategic Studies Institute July 08, 2014
- World Drug Report 2014 United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime 26 Jun 2014
- Countering Radicalization and Recruitment to Al-Qaeda: Fighting the War of Deeds by Dr. Paul Kamolnick Strategic Studies Institute June 13, 2014
- Cyberterrorism after STUXNET by Dr. Thomas M. Chen Strategic Studies Institute June 11, 2014
- The Resurgence of Al-Qaeda in Syria and Iraq by Dr. Azeem Ibrahim Strategic Studies Institute May 06, 2014
- The Evolution of Los Zetas in Mexico and Central America: Sadism as an Instrument of Cartel Warfare Authored by Dr. George W. Grayson Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College March 2014
- Country Reports on Terrorism 2013 US Department of State 30 Apr 2014 -- Country Reports on Terrorism 2013 is submitted in compliance with Title 22 of the United States Code, Section 2656f (the "Act"), which requires the Department of State to provide to Congress a full and complete annual report on terrorism for those countries and groups meeting the criteria of the Act. The report was published April 2014.
- Legality in Cyberspace: An Adversary View Authored by Keir Giles, Dr. Andrew Monaghan Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College March 2014
- Self-fulfilling prophecies of Terrorism: That basic mistake that all countries commit By Francesco Finucci -- Terrorist studies offer an important point of view to understand how self-fulfilling prophecies work in the field of foreign policy, homeland security and counter-terrorism. After studying five main cases, we concluded how self-fulfilling prophecies studied by W.I. Thomas can be categorized into two kinds: from grievance to terrorism and from non-terrorist threat to terrorist threat. However, in both cases the spiral of hate caused remains devastating. Consequently, a different approach is seems to be a prerogative, in order to effectively hinder the explosion of terrorism in any country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|