2010 Security Reports
- La Familia Drug Cartel: Implications for U.S.-Mexican Security Authored by Dr. George W. Grayson. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College December 2010
- Evaluation of Screening of Air Cargo Transported on Passenger Aircraft (Unclassified Summary) Department of Homeland Security, Office of the Inspector General September 2010 -- "This report addresses the strengths and weaknesses of the Transportation Security Administration's screening measures to prevent the introduction ofexplosives into air cargo shipped on passenger aircraft. It is based on interviews with employees and officials of relevant agencies and institutions, direct observations, field testing, and a review ofapplicable documents." [PDF]
- Country Reports on Terrorism 2009 Office of the Coordinator for Counterterrorism, US Dept. of State August 05, 2010 -- "U.S. law requires the Secretary of State to provide Congress, by April 30 of each year, a full and complete report on terrorism with regard to those countries and groups meeting criteria set forth in the legislation. This annual report is entitled Country Reports on Terrorism. Beginning with the report for 2004, it replaced the previously published Patterns of Global Terrorism."
- Bottom-Up Review Report US Department of Homeland Security July 2010 -- The Bottom-Up Review Report provides the results of an unprecedented Department-wide assessment of the Department Homeland Security, begun in November 2009, to align the Department's programmatic activities and organizational structure with the mission sets and goals identified in the Quadrennial Homeland Security Review. [PDF]
- Review of the Department's Preparation to Respond to a WMD Incident U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the Inspector General, Evaluation and Inspections Division May 2010 -- "The use of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), whether by a hostile nation, a terrorist group, or an individual, poses a potentially serious threat to the United States. One of the greatest concerns is that a WMD may fall into the hands of terrorists or that terrorists will develop their own WMD. (...) This review evaluated the readiness of the Department and its components to respond to a potential WMD incident. In addition, we examined the readiness of Department components' field offices in the National Capital Region (NCR) to respond in a coordinated way to a WMD incident."
- Sufism in Northern Nigeria: A Force for Counter-Radicalization? Authored by Dr. Jonathan N. C. Hill. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College May 2010
- Crime, Violence, and the Crisis in Guatemala: A Case Study in the Erosion of the State Authored by Dr. Hal Brands. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College May 2010
- Criminal Sovereignty: Understanding North Korea's Illicit International Activities Authored by Dr. Paul Rexton Kan, Dr. Bruce E. Bechtol Jr., Mr. Robert M. Collins. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College April 2010
- Lashkar-I-Taiba: The Fallacy of Subservient Proxies and the Future of Islamist Terrorism in India Authored by Dr. Ryan Clarke. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College March 2010
- Drug Trafficking, Violence, and Instability in Mexico, Colombia, and the Caribbean: Implications for U.S. National Security Authored by Mr. Evan Brown, Dr. Dallas D. Owens. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College February 2010
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|