2009 Security Reports
- An All Hazards Training Center for a Catastrophic Emergency Authored by Colonel Xavier Stewart. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College December 2009
- A "New" Dynamic in the Western Hemisphere Security Environment: The Mexican Zetas and Other Private Armies Authored by Dr. Max G. Manwaring. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College September 2009
- Criminals, Militias, and Insurgents: Organized Crime in Iraq Authored by Dr. Phil Williams. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College August 2009
- Country Reports on Terrorism 2008 Office of the Coordinator for Counterterrorism, US Dept. of State April 30, 2009 -- "U.S. law requires the Secretary of State to provide Congress, by April 30 of each year, a full and complete report on terrorism with regard to those countries and groups meeting criteria set forth in the legislation. This annual report is entitled Country Reports on Terrorism. Beginning with the report for 2004, it replaced the previously published Patterns of Global Terrorism."
- PCAST H1N1 preparations Recommendations and Administration Progress President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) 24 Aug 2009
- PCAST Report to the President on U.S. Preparations for 2009-H1N1 Influenza President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology 07 Aug 2009 -- We are pleased to transmit to you the report, U.S. Preparations For 2009-H1N1 Influenza, prepared by your Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST). This report examines the strategic issues raised by the likely resurgence this fall of the novel influenza virus called 2009-H1N1. The report reviews the full range of response options for minimizing negative impacts from a fall 2009-H1N1 epidemic and provides an integrated set of recommendations about how to think about hard issues and key policy decisions regarding the epidemic.
- DI-1812-1544-09 Worldwide: New 2009-H1N1 Influenza Virus Poses Potential Threat to U.S. Forces. Defense Intelligence Agency. 1 May 2009 [PDF]
- Mexico's Narco-Insurgency and U.S. Counterdrug Policy Authored by Dr. Hal Brands. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College May 2009
- State and Nonstate Associated Gangs: Credible "Midwives of New Social Orders" Authored by Dr. Max G. Manwaring. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College May 2009
- The Serpent in Our Garden: Al-Qa'ida and the Long War Authored by Colonel Brian M. Drinkwine. Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College January 2009
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|