23 November 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- U.S. Navy Ship Seizes Illegal Narcotics in Gulf of Aden US Navy 23 Nov 2022 -- A U.S. Navy guided-missile destroyer seized an estimated $20 million worth of illegal drugs from a fishing vessel while patrolling the Gulf of Aden, Nov. 22.
- Convicts on Death Row for Killing US Blogger Escape From Bangladesh Court VOA 23 Nov 2022 -- Two Islamist militants convicted of killing Avijit Roy, an American blogger critical of Islamic fundamentalism, and his Bangladeshi publisher, escaped from a crowded court in Bangladesh's capital, Dhaka, Sunday.
- European Parliament declares Russia to be a state sponsor of terrorism European Parliament 23 Nov 2022 -- Following the atrocities carried out by Vladimir Putin's regime against Ukrainian civilians, MEPs have recognised Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism.
- EU declares Russia 'state sponsor of terror'; Moscow says EU 'sponsor of idiocy' Press TV 23 Nov 2022 -- The European Parliament on Wednesday adopted a resolution designating Russia as a 'state sponsor of terrorism' over the war in Ukraine.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 23 Nov 2022
- Fauci bemoans impact of political divisiveness on America's response to COVID-19 People's Daily 23 Nov 2022 -- Top U.S. infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci bemoaned on Tuesday the impact of political divisiveness on the country's response to COVID-19.
- Mass protests break out at Hon Hai plant in Zhengzhou: Reports CNA 23 Nov 2022 -- Thousands of workers at the Taiwan-based Hon Hai Precision Industry Co.'s plant in Zhengzhou, China are engaged in a tense standoff with police amid street protests over withheld severance pay, according to videos seen by CNA Wednesday.
- Workers clash with police as hundreds protest at iPhone plant in China Radio Free Asia 23 Nov 2022 -- Workers clashed with authorities at Taiwan-invested iPhone maker Foxconn in the central Chinese city of Zhengzhou Wednesday, as hundreds of laborers staged a protest over delayed bonus payments amid mounting anger at China's zero-COVID policy.
- Wide variation seen in China's COVID curbs across country Radio Free Asia 23 Nov 2022 -- As China battles a rising wave of pandemic cases despite its zero-COVID policy of rolling lockdowns, compulsory testing and mass electronic tracking of citizens via the Health Code smartphone app, there are growing signs the policy is being unevenly applied across the country, analysts told Radio Free Asia.
- Beijing's anti-COVID fight reaches 'most critical point' after reporting 2,000+ infections in 2 days Global Times 23 Nov 2022 -- With more than 1,000 new COVID-19 infections per day in Beijing over the past two days, Beijing's COVID-19 fight has reached its most critical point, the Chinese capital's health officials said at a news conference on Wednesday.
- WHO extends coverage of SINOVAC's COVID-19 vaccine for 3-year-olds as Chinese experts discuss boosters for juveniles Global Times 23 Nov 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) has expanded the use of Chinese manufacturer SINOVAC Biotech's COVID-19 vaccine for children aged 3-17, making it the first and only vaccine on the WHO's Emergency Use Listing (EUL) that has been recommended for children aged 3-4, the Global Times learned from the company on Wednesday.
- COVID-19 booster vaccination rate for those aged 80 and above less than 30%: Beijing official Global Times 23 Nov 2022 -- The COVID-19 booster vaccination rate of those aged 80 and above is less than 30 percent, based on the data collected from the latest outbreak in Beijing. The number of new cases continues to increase and cases detected among communities continue to rise. The city is at the most critical moment of fighting COVID-19, Beijing officials said at Tuesday's press briefing.
- Chinese mainland reports 2,641 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 23 Nov 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 2,641 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- Severe case treatment vital in combatting COVID-19: Chinese health official People's Daily 23 Nov 2022 -- A Chinese health official Tuesday said that building medical service capacity, especially the medical capacity to treat patients with severe symptoms, remains crucial in China's fight against COVID-19.
- China stresses scientific, precise COVID-19 response: health official People's Daily 23 Nov 2022 -- A Chinese health official on Tuesday warned against any slackening in epidemic prevention and control and stressed science-based and precise COVID-19 response.
- European Health Union: Commission secures almost 3.5 million COVID-19 treatments through joint procurement contract European Commission 23 Nov 2022 -- Today, the Commission's Health Preparedness and Response Authority (HERA) has signed a joint procurement Framework Contract for the supply of Paxlovid, a SARS-CoV-2 protease inhibitor oral treatment for patients with COVID-19 at risk of developing severe disease.
- COVID-19 kills 2 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 23 Nov 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,632 with two more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Taiwan reports 17,892 new COVID cases, 31 deaths CNA 23 Nov 2022 -- Thirty-one more people in Taiwan have died from COVID-19 complications, including a man in his 40s who did not have any chronic diseases but had not been vaccinated against the disease, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Wednesday.
- Aussie health spending hits new high during COVID-19 pandemic People's Daily 23 Nov 2022 -- Spending on health goods and services has increased significantly during the first full year of the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|