18 November 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- FBI probing cases of bomb-laden drones in US amid growing security threats Press TV 18 Nov 2022 -- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is investigating several cases in which people sought to fly drones equipped with homemade bombs within the US, the agency chief said Thursday.
- Counter ISIS Finance Group Leaders Joint Statement US Treasury 18 Nov 2022 -- On November 8 and 9, 2022, the Counter ISIS Finance Group (CIFG), a working group of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, held its seventeenth meeting on combating ISIS financing worldwide. The United States, Italy, and Saudi Arabia hosted this meeting virtually, joined by several dozen member states and observers. The following is a joint statement of the CIFG co-leads:
- Multi-agency teams from North Macedonia explore financial disruption options to counter terrorist financing OSCE 18 Nov 2022 -- On 18 November, a four-day course aimed at further strengthening national capacity to counter the financing of terrorism concluded in Gevgelija, North Macedonia. The course was organized by the OSCE Secretariat's Transnational Threats Department, with the support of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), and the OSCE Mission to Skopje.
- Protection of targets vulnerable to terrorist attacks and increased regional co-operation focus of OSCE-led workshop in Central Asia OSCE 18 Nov 2022 -- From 16 to 18 November, over 55 experts from Central Asia and Mongolia gathered in Tashkent to discuss how to better protect vulnerable targets, such as critical infrastructure and soft targets, from terrorist attacks. The event was an opportunity to enhance the preparedness of participating States and provide a platform for dialogue on cross-border infrastructure protection.
- WHO says urgent funds needed to support Uganda Ebola response People's Daily 18 Nov 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) on Thursday said urgent funds are needed to support the Ebola response in Uganda and the readiness in neighboring countries.
- FireGuard Program Enhances National Guard Wildfire-fighting Army News 18 Nov 2022 -- The National Guard's FireGuard program has helped Guard members in California and Colorado detect and respond to wildfires - saving lives and property since the pilot program began in 2019.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Department of the Army updates Total Army COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 18 Nov 2022 -- The U.S. Army updated COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests for the Total Army as of 17 November 2022.
- China announces easing of COVID lockdowns in Tibet, but little change on the ground Radio Free Asia 18 Nov 2022 -- Chinese authorities in Tibet's regional capital of Lhasa have announced a partial easing of restrictions aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19, allowing some residents to return to work, but local sources say little has changed.
- Beijing's most populous district advises residents to stay put during weekend to curb COVID spike Global Times 18 Nov 2022 -- Beijing's daily number of COVID-19 infections has exceeded 400 and the rate is growing, said officials at a press conference on epidemic prevention and control on Friday. Chaoyang district, the worst-hit and also the most populous district in the city, advised residents to stay put during the weekend and not leave the area unless necessary.
- China pledges to implement optimized COVID-19 response measures People's Daily 18 Nov 2022 -- China will faithfully implement its optimized COVID-19 response measures in a science-based and targeted manner, said a spokesperson with the National Health Commission (NHC) on Thursday.
- COVID-19 kills 3 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 18 Nov 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,620 with 3 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Tokyo raises COVID-19 alert to second-highest level amid fears of entering new wave People's Daily 18 Nov 2022 -- The Tokyo Metropolitan government on Thursday raised its COVID-19 alert to the second-highest level on its four-tier scale.
- Taiwan reports 18,003 new COVID-19 cases, 58 deaths CNA 18 Nov 2022 -- Taiwan reported 18,003 new COVID-19 infections on Friday and 58 new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|