11 November 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Readout of Homeland Security Advisor Dr. Liz Sherwood-Randall's Meeting with President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo of Ghana The White House 11 Nov 2022
- Brussels Police Officer Killed, Another Wounded in Stabbing Incident VOA 11 Nov 2022 -- Officials in Brussels said Friday the suspect in a stabbing attack on two police officers Thursday â€” killing one, wounding the other â€” had been on a terrorism watch list.
- Uganda on High Alert as Ebola Continues to Spread VOA 11 Nov 2022 -- The World Health Organization reports the Ebola virus has now spread to eight districts in Uganda, including the densely populated capital Kampala. The outbreak of this deadly hemorrhagic disease was detected in late September.
- Counter-terrorism financing sanctions review Australia DFAT 11 Nov 2022-- The Australian Government has reviewed and relisted 27 persons and 36 entities for counter-terrorism financing sanctions due to expire in 2022, as part of our commitment to preventing terrorism at home and abroad.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Collateral damage and secondary victims: the social impact of zero-COVID Radio Free Asia 11 Nov 2022 -- China's zero-COVID policy has been marked by rolling, grueling urban lockdowns, constant demands for mass testing in affected areas and round-the-clock tracking of residents' movements and test status via the Health Code smart-phone app.
- Xi Jinping presides over meeting of Standing Committee of Political Bureau of CPC Central Committee on COVID-19 prevention and control People's Daily 11 Nov 2022 -- The Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee held a meeting on November 10 to hear a report on COVID-19 prevention and control and laid out 20 measures to further improve work in this regard. Xi Jinping, general secretary of the CPC Central Committee, presided over the meeting and delivered an important speech.
- China's central leadership calls for optimized COVID response, precise measures amid dynamic-zero policy Global Times 11 Nov 2022 -- The Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee met on Thursday to hear a report on the COVID-19 response, and discussed and arranged 20 measures for further optimizing epidemic prevention and control work.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,150 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Nov 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 1,150 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Standing Committee of Political Bureau of CPC Central Committee discusses optimizing COVID-19 response PLA Daily 11 Nov 2022 -- The Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee met on Thursday to hear a report on COVID-19 response, discuss and arrange 20 measures to further optimize epidemic prevention and control work.
- Iran's new daily Covid deaths at 2 IRNA 11 Nov 2022 -- Iran's Health Ministry on Friday announced that 2 people had lost their lives to COVID-19 over the past 24 hours.
- Japan drafts policy bracing for 8th wave of COVID-19 infections People's Daily 11 Nov 2022 -- The Japanese government on Thursday decided on a policy to allow each prefectural government to declare stepped-up coronavirus measures, amid growing concerns about the possible arrival of the eighth infection wave.
- Taiwan reports 20,306 cases, 62 deaths CNA 11 Nov 2022 -- Taiwan reported 20,306 new COVID-19 infections on Friday, all but 37 of which were locally transmitted, and 62 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Anti-Epidemic Foundation of Regions and Units Further Strengthened KCNA 11 Nov 2022 -- The activities of the regions and units are getting brisk in the DPRK to lay a stronger anti-epidemic foundation for reliably guaranteeing the country's anti-epidemic security and the people's life and health.
- Australian COVID-19 cases increase amid warnings of new wave People's Daily 11 Nov 2022 -- Australia has reported an almost 50 percent increase in new coronavirus cases amid warnings of a new wave of infections.
- Australian State Upgrades Warning as Fourth COVID Wave Hits VOA 11 Nov 2022 -- The Australian state of Queensland is raising its COVID-19 alert level starting Friday as case numbers increase. Health officials have said there was a "soup of variants" spreading around the state.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|